30 October 2007

Wardrobe Remix 10-30




dress: H&M
tights: ???
socks: H&M
boots: vintage
layered necklace: Forever 21
locket: vintage

I guess I'm feeling a bit gothy with Halloween right around the corner. No dress up party for me this year. You'd think people in Hollywood would be crazy for Halloween, but I've found the opposite to be true. I think people here consider themselves somehow above it all. Oh well. Anyway, I thought I'd share one of my secrets with you. I'm not one of those girls that feels comfortable walking around in a super short skirt where every passing breeze could be the one that shows all your stuff to the world. The answer? One of these from American Apparel. It's like a little pair of shorts built into a tiny little skirt. It acts as a slip and keeps my dress from riding up when I walk and I never have to worry about having a Marilyn Monroe moment. I have one on right now!

11 comments:

WendyB said...

I looooooooooooooooooove this.

Michelle said...

this look is so cute. Love the over the knees socks.

Anonymous said...

I love love the socks and tights.

Anonymous said...

i am really loving your pictures as of late. i mean they always look amazing, but i love what you are doing w/ the 3rd left hand corner shot. love it. not to mention your outfits are looking cuter than ever.

thought of you yesterday when i was in h&m!

Fashion Tidbits said...

OMG 0_0 Can I just hang out with you for one day to obtain some of your style vibes??!!!! I love this outfit to the death! :) Love how you work those tights!

Sally Jane Vintage said...

Thanks everybody! I love these tights, but when I wear them alone they are a bit too much. This was a nice way to tone them down.

Anonymous said...

this outfit is amazing

Anonymous said...

in the innumerable amounts of online fashion blogs and vintage stores, i have found the one i connect to most in sally jane vintage. you carry the style i wish i had, and do it affordably, too.

i also love the feel of your photos... do you use any type of action? do you mind sharing how you give them that look?

~*

Sally Jane Vintage said...

Thanks so much Kates! I take that as quite a compliment. As far as the photos go - I do use a photoshop "vintage" action that I downloaded online. I just love the look and feel of vintage photos (well, vintage everything really) and wanted something to reflect that.

Electric Lady said...

this outfit is way too perfect.

Janet Yang said...

i love it. :)