20 February 2008

Non-Leather Ankle Boots


The best time to stock up on wardrobe basics is at the end of the season when all the stores are trying to make room for the next season's merchandise. Right now is the perfect time to keep your eyes open for great deals on winter staples. I've been wanting a pair of sleek, simple black ankle boots for the last year or so. They are such a great wear-all-the-time shoe I can't believe I don't already have a pair. I saw these on Urban Outfitter's site a while back but dismissed them because of the price and because I assumed that they were leather. For those of you that don't know, I have a personal policy of not buying any new leather products. Well, I was checking out UO's clearance section and lo and behold, there are the boots on sale for 50% off. I clicked on them just to torture myself and realized that they aren't actually leather at all! Kismet! I haven't been buying anything for myself since we moved (unless you count the occassional thrifting purchase for the store that sneaks into my closet) but I couldn't pass up this opportunity.

2 comments:

AsianCajuns said...

I love them! I like how clean the lines are and the shape of the heels. Urban Outfitters has some great deals right now.

Anonymous said...

we share the same no new leather policy!