01 April 2008

More Photos

I'm feeling a bit under the weather and don't plan on changing out of my pajamas, so no outfit photos today. Instead I'll show you a few photos from this past weekend's photography excursion through rural Pennsylvania to Eastern State Penitentiary.

The first set is from the drive through the rural PA countryside. It is littered with abandoned farmhouses and barns. This one had newspaper from 1938 nailed to the inside walls to act as insulation. I didn't notice the date on the newpaper until I got home and was going through the photos: March 30th. Exactly 70 years to the day!

The second set is from Eastern State Penitentiary. The prison, located in Philadelphia, was the brainchild of Benjamin Franklin and was opened in 1829. At one time Al Capone was housed there. It closed its doors in 1970.







16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, these photos are great! Creepy too.

Katia said...

I adore all the pictures exept the first one, it scares me, hahah but it's still really cool
ahh =]

Zoë said...

I love this!
I love taking pictures of creepy old abandoned places....theres such a rush

Rhiannon said...

So amazing! I love that you guys do that . . .

Eyeliah said...

I feel a chill down my spine, wonderful photos. How eerie about that date!

Maxie said...

the doll photo is AMAZING :)
Reminds me of 'Chucky' movie haha

AlicePleasance said...

Creepy!! Creepy and wonderful! I immediately thought of that tv show where some people have to spend a night or more in an abandoned "haunted" place ;-)

renéesturme. said...

I thought that doll was Chucky, haha.
Great shots!

SKYLA said...

the photographs are hauntingly beautiful. How weird about the 70 years on that day! It's amazing that those places are all abandoned and you can just walk in on them.

Fashion Serial Killer said...

UGH you are killing me! I'm so JEALOUS!! I love excursions like this. rad rad rad!

sleepyhead said...

awww, you ventured into my hometown of philly! its a long way off, but eastern state has a great halloween tour. it's downright ghastly!

Unknown said...

these are some fantastic pictures! it must have been an awesome trip.

Anonymous said...

as always, loving your photos.
how amazing are those records?!
wow.

In Yr Fshn said...

OMG! We were there on the same weekend! What are the odds? What day did you go on the tour, if you don't mind me asking? Lovely shots, too... Weren't the ghost cats the best?

Sally Jane Vintage said...

in yr fsfn: Wow! What are the odds? We were actually there one Monday (not technically the weekend). The ghost cats were the best!

Ula said...

AMAZING!!!