The other day I was reading Fops & Dandies and ran across a post about showing what's in your jewelry box. I really liked the idea of getting a peak into someone else's jewelry box. So often they are filled with treasures collected over the years. Mine is mostly filled with thrift store finds or random things I've collected for DIY projects that I never get around to. Here's what mine holds:
- I love long necklaces and lockets. Currently, my most worn piece is this pocket watch necklace from UO but I would really like to find an antique one.
- Vintage pins and brooches to be worn on jackets or sweaters or occasionally in my hair. One of these is a thrift store find, the other was my grandmother's.
- Random odds and ends I've collected such as a shell with a hole (perfect for stringing on a necklace), pieces of sea glass and an old skeleton key.
- Old beaded necklaces. Right now neither of these get worn because they are in desperate need of restringing and I'm afraid they might fall apart if worn.
- I have really tiny wrists so most bracelets are much too big. Anytime I run across a bracelet at a thrift store that actually fits, I snatch it right up.