11 November 2008

Me and The Giant Tree


shirt: vintage
sweater vest: vintage
jeans: vintage Jordache
coat: H&M
boots, purse & belt: vintage
hat: Miller's Hats

I know it's silly to become attached to a tree, but this is my favorite tree in all of Lancaster. It's a ginkgo with huge branches that spread out over the sidewalk and drop their cute little fan-leaves all over the ground. While most of the trees in the area have already dropped their colorful fall leaves, the ginkgo was stubbornly staying green. With a ginkgo, the leaves usually change quickly then all fall to the ground in just a day or two so I knew I was going to have to keep an eye on it if I wanted to catch it in all of its fall glory. Luckily, as I was out for a walk the other day, the leaves had finally changed and the sky was filled with the vibrant yellow leaves. Now I want to go back to check if the leaves have fallen because they're just as pretty when they're blanketing the ground.

Also, I must say thank you to my boyfriend for the wonderful new blog banner. I wanted something that felt like fall and it's just perfect.


Angelique said...

Those are such beautiful Fall pictures! The leaves have pretty much all fallen here (outside Philly). I'm still debating whether or not I need to wear my coat yet...

hope you're having a great day!
- Angelique

Sarah said...

I love the tree, the outfit and the new header!

[Tara] said...

I like your new header...and the tree!

j@modishchick said...

love your blog and your style! i've lived in southern california all my life, so i never really get to see the "fall" - this tree is so beautiful, thanks for sharing!

casey said...

That tree is gorgeous! Like a painting come to life. Also, I love your coat! Perfection. :)

Kristen said...

Love the new header- Good job to the boyfriend! And love the pictures- They have a really nice energy to them!

Market Publique said...

Love the new header!
And that tree is so beautiful! I miss nature, not that much of that here in NYC.

Marina said...

Nice blog... Are you interesting in a link exchange with my blog :
Bottes pas cher
Marina (from France)

Sunset said...

Love the jeans and detail on the back pockets.

Jo said...

Such a cute outfit... I am attached to a whole bunch of trees, especially the ones who I can climb in :)


crispybenfranklin said...

I'm really jealous of your Jordache jeans. I tried on a pair at Salvation Army the other day and they were too small. Blast!

kater said...

When I was little I proclaimed a tree in our local park as My Tree. I loved it, oh that tree! I am still so attached to it!

The banner is wonderful, it's hypnotizing me!

Fashion Fille said...

fall is such a stunning season. i just look outside and am mesmerized.

Angela said...

I love the new header as well. It's so beautiful!

loou said...

the banner is perfect for fall indeed, and these pictures are really something.

Lady Melbourne said...

Hey Sally!
I haven't stopped past in ages as I've been travelling, but I love the new lay out. I can't see this picture, but I have no doubt you look as gorgeous as ever. The rest of your pics are super cool.

Anonymous said...

I used to live in Lancaster and remember this tree! I wish I still lived there!

punky said...

Haha, I just realized you, me and Rhiannon all have designer boyfriends... How weird is that?

bellefantaisie.net said...

those photos are beautiful! they look so gorgeous and autumny!

ed said...