03 November 2008

Orla Kiely

orla_kiely_1

Whenever I know I don’t have an extra penny to spend on fun things like clothes and shoes, sometimes it’s just better to stay away from the internet. There are too many tempting things to lay my eyes upon. So, to be on the safe side, I’m just looking at lovely things that are so very out of my price range I know I can’t actually be tempted. Torturous, right? Take, for instance, Orla Kiely. I adore her mid century modern-esque prints and playful color palette. All of the looks are styled to perfection with thick tights and platform sandals. And that luggage?! Yes, please. I’ll take two. And how much easier would it be to pick your pretty luggage out from all the boring black bags when you’re standing at baggage claim? I suggest you go to their home page and watch their little slide show of images. Each new photo made me squeal with delight – both the clothes and the photography.

Looking at these reminds me that I’m lucky enough to own one Orla Kiely dress. I got it from Anthropologie a couple of years ago on super-duper sale. I had a fancy-schmancy fashiony event to go to when I was living in LA and wanted a cute new dress to wear. I got a couple of compliments on the dress and one girl even asked where I bought it. When I answered Anthropologie she gave me a snobby little laugh, turned up her nose and walked away. Ha! So very LA!

orla_kiely_2orla_kiely_3

25 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

I'm in love! Every outfit is divine! :o)

Anonymous said...

The colours are fabulous, and so is the styling. I have to have those brown t-straps real soon!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these! I had fun flipping through the lookbook on the Orla Kiely website. They've really captured some wonderful elements of vintage fasion from the 30's right throught the 70's!

miss milki said...

I love Orla Kiely! - have been coveting those sandals for weeks (months even?!) Anyone know where to buy then or something similar - I don't think they're for sale on her website?

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I love these. I'm feeling inspired now, so thankyou!

AlicePleasance said...

I love evrything and you're right, both the outfits and the photography are great!

Angelique said...

These are amazing! I love to see them all together in a group like this. I think my favorite is the girl in the blue skirt and blue short sleeved sweater in the bottom row. It almost makes me wish for long hair again so I can rock the Heidi look! :)

have a great day,
Angelique
http://studiokiekje.typepad.com

Paradis said...

I've LOVED it!

Anonymous said...

oo i love the color and patterns

Penny said...

ahh! everything is so gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Egads. I'm dying. Not that I could ever afford anything from Orla Kelly right now, but still... haha! Some definite coveting going on over here!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Holy crap! I can't even order online right now and I REALLY like these. I would dress like this every day of the week if I had a choice.

{Tara} said...

I do the same thing...if it is too expensive, I don't even feel temptation. in fact, it inspires me to try and create it with what I already have...that said, these ARE so lovely.

reckless daughter said...

wow... don't you sometimes wish that in your wallet was a bottomless supply of cash?

this stuff is absolutely adorable. everything! thanks for sharing.

clareassiral said...

my oh my, i'll take the luggage, plaid coat and olive print dress please. Thanks!

Aimée - Vint Condition said...

Ha! I'll take them all! These are so lovely. **sigh**

Anonymous said...

Oh how funny to hear all your comments...i work for Orla here in the UK and I do get to wear the clothes every day as a uniform!! Glad you like it all...xx

Anonymous said...

Everything is so gorgeous!! It's funny that you said Anthropologie as when I first looked at the pics they look very Anthropologie-esque! I do remember seeing a few Orly Kiely items at the Anthro stores. I can't believe that LA girl was so snooty when you told her you got your dress from there (some people)! ;-)

P.S. Love your blog! I look forward to your posts everyday. :-)

Meital (Betty) said...

her patterns are gorgeous!

Eyeliah said...

Thanks for posting these, great looks!

Stephanie Dee said...

Perfect Autumn outfits! Reminds me of Chloé. I wish those shoes were available on orlakiely.com, I neeeeeeed them!

RubyE said...

What a great line-up of outfits! I have a polka-dot Orla Kiely sweater that, although it pills like crazy, I absolutely love (finally can wear it again now that it's cold--one good thing about winter). In case anyone's interested, although they don't sell Orla clothes, Ped Shoes is currently discounting all their Orla Kiely items--mostly bags and scarves--20% when you type in orla@ped at checkout. Still expensive, but...

Anonymous said...

I love Orla Kiely! I just can't get enough of her! I wish they sold the shoes on their website--they're awesome!

Anonymous said...

Not sure if you know but, I just read that Orla Kiely will be doing a home accessories line for Target! It launches Feb. 15. I remembered this post and had to tell you. Check out this blog to get a sneak peek! Yay! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry I forgot the link! Here it is (Orla Kiely for Target):
http://decor8blog.com/2009/01/13/orla-kiely-home-collection-for-target/