These days are so grey and gloomy I hardly have the energy to put on a cute outfit or browse my usual fashion sites. This time of year seems to always bring a creative drought for one reason or another. Winter is dragging on, spring is not yet on the horizon and the cold seems to be invading my very bones. Here are a few of my favorite things I've been dreaming about to keep my spirits up:
- Antique Steiff animals - what's cuter than these vintage German stuffed animals? Not much, I tell ya'!
- This girl's outfit from Stockholm Streetstyle - it's everything I love right now from the color palette to the bow at her neck to the flowers in her hair.
- Lindsay Pemberton's teacup bracelets - she cuts off the tops of vintage teacups with a diamond saw and makes pretty bangle bracelets from them. Genius!
- Lace Tape from Matter - what a pretty way to dress up my brown paper packages.
- Raven hangers from Birkiland - wouldn't it be even more fun to get dressed in the morning if your clothes were hanging on ravens? Maybe I'd even get around to putting my laundry away more often.
- Miamizeiss' fashion set on flickr - I especially love the clothes in this shot.
- The Selby - I love the voyeurism of being able to peek into other people's homes. Especially when those people are amazing, talented artists.
- Terrariums - I'd like to think of myself as one of those people with a green thumb, but the truth is, I've killed every house plant I've ever had. I think I could handle one of these pretty little terrariums.
- Audubon bird prints - I'm a sucker for anything vintage-bird related. Someday I hope to have a wall covered in framed prints like this.