23 January 2009

It's four in the morning, the end of December...*

Untitled-1
blouse: vintage (swap with Francesca)
skirt: vintage (altered by me)
tights: AA
shoes: Seychelles via UO
purse: vintage (swap with Francesca)
beret: vintage
*listening to Leonard Cohen Songs of Love and Hate "Famous Blue Raincoat"

Yesterday was a whirlwind of a day (thus, no blog post). We had a photographer and a reporter from a magazine come by our apartment to talk to us and take photos for a story they're doing on loft style living spaces. That means we spent all morning cleaning, rearranging and just generally sprucing things up. Now the place is so clean I don't even want to cook in the kitchen! We ended up posing in some of the photos that were taken so perhaps I'll post them here when the issue comes out.

I wasn't sure what I was going to wear but Francesca and I decided to do a little temporary swap to get us out of our winter wardrobe blues. When I opened the box I couldn't believe she'd sent the most gorgeous blouse. So of course, it's all I want to wear right now. It's so delicate I really didn't want to wear it out of the house so it was the perfect little thing to wear for the interview and photos. I just ran outside quickly (in the cold!) to snap these photos for the blog.

14 comments:

Dotti said...

The two of you just have the bestbestbest sense for Vintage. What a gorgeous piece!

AlicePleasance said...

Sounds amazing, can't wait to see the photos of your place :-)

HoneyBunny said...

that's a beautiful outfit! I love the blouse and the bag!

Anonymous said...

that blouse is out of this world!! beautiful outfit, and very exciting the piece for the magazine :)

Meaghan Kelly said...

its lovely! she always has the prettiest stuff!
swaps sound fun! i should take some initiative and get one going soon too! :)

i cant wait to see the photos of your apartment!

Simone said...

look forward to seeing the photos of your loft, hope you do share.

Love the blouse it looks so unusual.

Deanna said...

that blouse is divine, at first i thought it might be a seperate collar, what a romantic-looking piece!
ps love the what i'm listening to lately, of course you have great taste in tunes as well as vintage!

Lexie said...

awwww what a lovely swapped gift! :)

Ms. G said...

What a precious blouse!
I love it!

thevintageyear said...

Oh beautiful blouse, I can see why you don't want to take it off for the temporary time you have it... You guys must have looked fantastic, can't wait to see the magazine photos!

J said...

What a gorgeous blouse!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

That blouse is seriously stunning.

etta said...

I love your outfit! The blouse is just so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures ! I love the light of them..The blouse is lovely so is the vintage purse :)