16 January 2009

Pearl Lowe

I was wandering, rather aimlessly I might add, through the depths of the internet in a fit of boredom when I ran across an article on Pearl Lowe. I really didn't know anything about her, but the photos in the article instantly caught my eye. It wasn't until later that I put two and two together and realized that she's a bit famous in a tabloidly kind of way for being the mother of Daisy Lowe, Gavin Rossdale's daughter in his pre-Gwen days. All of that couldn't be less interesting to me... I was much more taken with her quirky style, pairing pretty floral dresses with colorful tights and the eclectic interiors of her country-side home. I've compiled a few of the shots from the article. If you'd like to see (and read) the whole thing, you can download it here.

lowe

With my curiosity piqued, I dug a bit further to find out more about Ms. Lowe. It seems she offers her own line of pretty lace dresses, pillows and curtains. The site states that "Pearl hit upon the idea of making lace curtains when she could not find any pink lace curtains for her bathroom. She decided to dye her own." She also offers a selection of vintage dresses from the 1920's and 30's that reflect her own playful, colorful style. Of course, they are in the buy-when-I-win-the-lottery price range for me, but fun to look at nonetheless.

lace

vintage

11 comments:

AlicePleasance said...

Ok, the lace dresses are adorable, I'm gonna buy an instant lottery ticket right know...Wish me luck ;-)

Eli said...

wow the mother and daughter look exactly alike!

Anonymous said...

their best friends,which is even cuter:)
i adore them both,their style etc
x

cras4 said...

coolest mom ever. (except for mine...) good luck alice!

Isabel said...

Wow, I had no idea Daisy Lowe's mom was so awesome!

Emlyn said...

She reminds me of Grey Gardens in a more refined way. Especially in the second last picture of her!

Eyeliah said...

Oh she does has amazing style.

Unknown said...

I sort of knew that but not that she designed stuff too! Great post

Outi said...

How fun that you would find fashion inspiration in the mother rather than the daughter! I like the idea of looking into the style of women beyond their teenage years, I feel (hope?) it brings a certain confidence and personality to the style (I would one day like possess myself, perhaps)...?

Jennifer said...

She has amazing style! Love her!

ADOREDVINTAGE said...

I love all of those dresses, especially the light colored floral ones, very 1930s.