photos by Tom b.
top: floral 50's blouse (trying to inject a little spring into my outfit)
skirt: wool 60's skirt
sweater: wool 50's cardigan
tights: UO (I think)
belt & beret: vintage
purse: swap with Francesca
listening to: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds The Good Son "The Ship Song"
This week when I went vintage shopping for the store I ran across a large collection of pretty wool and velvet skirts. The mustardy-gold one I'm wearing today is one of them. I've got skirts coming out my ears so I'm selling most of them, including the one in the photo. It's just a smidgen too big for me. I guess that's a good thing because otherwise I might be tempted to keep it.
I mentioned yesterday that I'd been tagged a few times to do a "random things about me" post. I can't remember who all tagged me but I know that Morgan from Ambrosia's Musings was the last so I'm going to use her rules. Here are seven random things about me...
- I don't drink any caffeine. No coffee, no Coke, no tea. Ever.
- I love brussels spouts. For lunch I would like to have brussels sprouts with a side of brussels sprouts, please.
- When I was a little girl I collected figurines of unicorns.
- I have what looks like a tiny tattoo on the little finger of my left hand. It's actually a mark left from a time when I was working in an office and was trying to fix a copy machine. My hand got stuck and when I pulled it out, I cut my finger which was covered in powered copy toner. The toner would never come out of the cut, thus the permanent mark.
- I cry very easily. Happy, sad, angry... always equals tears.
- I have dreams about tornadoes all the time. The tornadoes in my dreams are always really tall and skinny and bounce around on the ground.
- I am currently hopeless addicted to 90210 reruns on the Soap Network. I never even realized it was on the air for 10 years. Now I have to know... will Kelly and Dylan ever work things out?!?