18 March 2009

Headbands

The only downside I'm seeing to the weather finally warming up is I'm going to have to put away my wool hats. I've become a bit addicted to wearing them and quite honestly feel a little naked walking out of the house with out something perched on my head. I'm trying to find a good way to transition into my spring wardrobe and still keep hold of my hats. I'm still on the prowl for the perfect straw boater (no luck yet!) but I'm beginning to think headbands might be a good solution.
a-2
I don't mean the skinny kind designed to hold your hair off of your face. I'm thinking of the art deco inspired pieces I'm seeing popping up on style sites and in some of my favorite stores. There are cute felt ones in the Little Red Fox's shop on Etsy. I also like the neutral toned ones I've seen in shops like Anthropologie and UO. I wonder, if I'm feeling particularly crafty one day, if I could come up with some DIY version?

b-2

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh you're so cute!!! thank you so much for mentioning me :) i'm working on some new styles/ideas for spring for the very same reason--i need head decoration!!

tractordog said...

yes, very cute! i just broke my favorite little white bow headband...thanks for the replacement options!

deedoubleyou said...

i can never remember if i have commented before or not - but i read your blog all the time, it was actually one of the first i discovered/introduced me to the blogging world. buttt i make headbands, and i have an etsy shop, i dont have them all up there right now but if you go to my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/deedoubleyou/sets/72157607015493197/
. if you like anything i'd be happy to send you one :) i just bought a few new fabric colours too - i dont think i have my email on my blog - but you can just flickr mail me or something. i'm sure you get a lot of stuff like this but i just really like the idea of sharing the love. :)

Anonymous said...

these are so cute. i've had the idea to make my own for ages out of non-wool felt and even paper. i should really get onto that...

reckless daughter said...

I love the headbands. I just bought a few of the ones I blogged about here...http://donjuans-recklessdaughter.blogspot.com/2009/02/head-case.html

best of luck on your quest!

Anonymous said...

Lindo!!! amei todos, vou tentar fazer o laço grde.
beijos

headbands said...

Seeing these beautiful headbands make me happy. So pretty! I want to try them out. :)

natasha said...

these are really lovely - i also design and handmake my own, have a look at www.natashajane.co.uk