27 March 2009

My Newest Online Obsession

Suzie Floozie! It sounds a bit scandalous, doesn't it? I promise, it's not. Let me explain. My love for Gladstone bags is no secret. I've been on the hunt for a perfect one for months now. Or perhaps I should say perfect ones since I'd really like a brown one and a black one, a large one to use as a weekend bag and a small one to use as an everyday bag, and... well, you get the idea. So it's no surprise then that I've become a bit obsessed with browsing through the bags at Suzie Floozie. According to the website, she spent years collecting vintage leather bags and now has moved on to sharing them with the world. Lucky us. Of course I'm partial to the Gladstones but I was also a bit smitten with the school satchels. The site is UK based and therefore priced in pounds, but the prices seem pretty reasonable considering how much I've seen these things going for on Ebay. If only I could choose...
Untitled-1

18 comments:

Sunshine said...

holy cow they have good stuff! thanks for the link.. my next bag purchase will defly be from them. so many supergood choices

Siru said...

I had a one vintage bag like that, but I'm quite sure mom stole it... :D

juliet xxx

Anonymous said...

omg those are amazing, i want them all!

Lexie said...

i think i am quite partial to the one in the top left corner!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing.....all the bags posted on her site are lovely. Its a shame that she doesn't have your eye for design though. I feel her website was lacking design flare. I can only imagine how you would highlight her wonderful collection.

Aysha's Rabbit Hole said...

uuu you havve just gotten me hooked on your obsession!!!
I am inlove with the closure hardware of these bags!!

Anonymous said...

Those bags are so perfectly your style. I think they are so beautiful, but I know I could never use a bag that wasn't attached to my body. I would leave it somewhere for sure!

Anonymous said...

I love this bags!

Gina said...

oo these are nice!!

WendyB said...

Those bags are lovely.

Unknown said...

Wow! What an incredible resource; thanks for sharing! I'm completely with you on the Gladstone bags, and I also really liked the hunting bag section on the site as well. Rustic chic, I suppose! :) And Suzie Floozie is indeed a scandalous, but sensational name! Lovely!

Aliena said...

This is going to be seriously bad for my credit card balance... thanks for sharing!

Hannah said...

Thank you for sharing this!

Lisa said...

Hi, I have one of those at www.lisaj.se under "2hand". Take a look.

alissa said...

what an amazing find! thanks!
also, i love the word floozie. we dont use it enough these days

Suzy said...

oh god that's what all the stupid boys called me in grade school, well before any of us knew what a floozie was..

i looooooove these bags, though.

Gladstone said...

I love them too!
I also really like the ones of Halo Inspirations.

http://www.halo-inspirations.com/Collections.aspx?id=1&subcat=2&lineid=2

I just contacted the guys of the UK office and they are going to sale online within 2weeks!

PrettyJolieThing said...

i think i really like the brown one! gorgeaous and since im so into vintage!! I got a litle satchel from camden town this summer . have a look !http://prettyhornything.blogspot.com/