17 April 2009

The Perfect Shorts

[1]
Quite often I'm asked if I ever regret selling a particular piece on Ebay. For the most part, the answer to that question is a resounding no. Sometimes when I'm taking photos for the store, I'll try on something and think that I just can't bear to part with it but by the end of the day it's pack in the to-sell pile with everything else. I'm not particularly sentimental about the clothes so it' pretty easy to part with them.

But this one pair of shorts is haunting me. It was at the end of last summer when all I could think about was wearing wool and tweed and layers and tights (amazing how that changes, hmmm?). I was doing a massive closet clean out and threw these shorts in the get-rid-of pile. Now that spring is here (so they say) and I'm looking for the perfect pair of shorts it's sort of driving me crazy that I had my hands on them and let them get away.

I've actually gone so far as to think about contacting the person who bought them just to see if they worked out. Maybe they didn't fit? Maybe they've moved on to another pair of perfect shorts? Maybe I'm nuts for thinking about doing that? What'dya think?

23 comments:

Chrissy in Chaos said...

Personally - I think you should contact the buyer - maybe some sort of deal could be struck??

If they are that perfect you need them back and there is no harm in asking.

Unknown said...

I love ur shorts ^_^

babyMy' said...

what wonderful shorts!!! i want it ;)

kulululu said...

nice outfit

Christy said...

There's no harm in contacting the buyer. Once, a good year or so after I had purchased a handbag from someone on livejournal, she contacted me telling me that she regretted selling it and was wondering if she could buy it back. At that point, I needed the money more than the bag, and I was happy to help her out. :)

Anonymous said...

Forever 21 has a similar pair right now

corrie said...

It would be interesting to discover the fate of the shorts. Maybe the buyer has forgotten about them now and would happily dig them out of the bottom of her closet and send them to you.

Lexie said...

i'd contact the seller. but i get super fixated on things sometimes and will go to any length to get my way, lol.

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Oh I know what y ou mean with that regret... and those were a nice piece of shorts... but I bet you'll be able to find something similar again? That is, if you don't get a deal with the buyer.

Rebecca said...

Perhaps the buyer will see this and come forward! Haha. They are pretty good shorts!!

Anonymous said...

those were fantastic I have to admit

Lilly said...

I think that if you can't find another pair that you love just as much then you should contact the buyer for sure, who knows maybe they didn't look as good on her as they do on you!

Eyeliah said...

For sure it doesn't hurt to ask! If she says no, she says no, but she just might not... Shorts are a tough fit item and you never know.

allison said...

oh my gosh those shorts haunt me too! I totally fell in love with those, bid on them, and was out-bid! I just loved that mustard color, and the high waist with matching belt...

let me know if the buyer contacts you after seeing this, that would be so funny!!!

allison
http://www.dotluv.blogspot.com

Fashion Trend Guide said...

I know how you feel, I've donated things before and wished that I hadn't.

Josephine Frances said...

They really are perfect! Whats even more perfect though are your sandals in that picture. How cute!

Karin said...

awesome shorts

Doshii said...

wow! i absolutely love your collection of outfits.

hehe and i think you should contact that person. You know what they say .. curiosity killed the cat

ainikki said...

I love your outfits. These clothes really look fabulous on you.

Unknown said...

Hah, as perfect as they are, I think you should let them go. There is a big world of shorts out there, I am sure that more will find their way to you!

Anonymous said...

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=btms&product%5Fid=2058847875&variant%5Fid=014&showBack=OK

!

Londyn said...

love this outfit - adorable! would, of course, love it even more with some gladiator heels... :)

LF said...

Great shorts, I am totally diggin the paper bag cut!

jess s//hippiefroufrou