01 July 2009

July Wish List

[1]

  • Classic 501 Levis: All those photos of Jane Birkin have left me searching for the perfect pair of vintage beat-up Levis. The thrift stores back in Alabama were always overflowing with these but they seem nearly impossible to find here in PA.
  • Cheap Monday dress: I first spotted this on the Urban Outfitters site then on the Candystore Collective site, but both of those stores have since sold out. Thank goodness for Google because I was able to track it down in another online shop. It's such a simple dress but I think that's what I love about it.
  • AA stripe one piece: I want to wear this under high waisted skirts (or perhaps those Levis if ever get my hands on a pair). I think the stripes give it a cool Parisian girl vibe.
  • Black silk dress: I know I'll never be able to afford all of those Lyell pieces I love so much but this black silk dress could do in a pinch. I love the cut-out details around the neckline.
  • Built By Wendy dress: Speaking of Parisian cool! I think this dress is just about perfect. I'd love it wear it with flats and a pony-tail all summer then tights and tall boots come fall.
  • Sheer back cardigan: It's not quite fair putting this on my wish list since it's already sold out at Anthropologie. I fell in love with it upon seeing it in person on a trip to Philly and looked it up online when I got home. It was super soft with a sheer chiffon panel in the back. It's one of those pieces that's going to haunt me!
  • Sunny yellow brogues: I'm always a fan of oxfords, wearing them with skirts, dresses, pants, whatever! These are made even better in a pretty sunny shade of yellow.
  • Straw fedora: After pining for a boater hat at the beginning of spring, I finally had the chance to try one on when I ran across one at a vintage store. I looked in the mirror and instantly burst into laughter. They're so cute on other people, but just not for me. Perhaps living in the middle of Amish country ruined them for me. I see too many of them being worn by farmers pulled behind work horses.

13 comments:

ryder said...

the Built By Wendy is perfection!

Tina said...

now i must seek the vintage levi's as well...

just found your blog via dear golden today; enjoying my visit here! :)

Penny said...

oooh yeah i've had my eye on american apparels stripey one piece for while! good choices!

Louise Ladybird said...

Thank you for inspiring tomorrow's outfit. :)

Lexie said...

i just dont think i could pay $68 for polyester (re: the black dress)!
it is quite pretty though.

AlicePleasance said...

I was arranging my July wishlist just yesterday as well! The AA one piece is wonderful, I have it in black and I adore it: with an highwaisted skirt is very ballerina chic :-)
And about the hat, I like that one, but I spent my lonely hours loving the asymmetrical straw cloche from UO, in natural with the black ribbon...desperately searching for something similar here cause they don't have it on their crappy EU site and the US one don't ship overseas :-(

http://us.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?itemdescription=true&itemCount=60&startValue=1&selectedProductColor=&sortby=&id=15856107&parentid=W_ACC_HATS&sortProperties=+subCategoryPosition,+product.marketingPriority,-product.startDate&navCount=129&navAction=poppushpush&color=&pushId=W_ACC_HATS&popId=WOMENS_ACCESSORIES&prepushId=

Unknown said...

i've a pair of vintage 501, they're wonderful but i can't manage to create the perfect outfit...i'm waiting for you!

Meaghan Kelly said...

hahahaha I love what you said about the boater!!!
and that striped AA one piece really is a dream!!! good luck with the Levi's!

Starr said...

That cut out collar has stolen my heart! It's so gorgeous. I really like those oxfords too...your right, they really do go with everything!

Anonymous said...

Hi

I just came across your blog from etsy. I have been looking forever for a striped dress and one of your earlier posts was helpful. I thought I'd return the favor and let you know I noticed the Built by Wendy dress on sale on her online website for $98.

Enjoy!

Isabel said...

I love brogues! I have a black pair but they're so cute in other colours. You should really get the yellow ones so I can live vicariously through you.

Andrea said...

Hey! I have the Sheer back cardigan AND the Cheap Monday dress. I see wee have similar taste in style.

LOVE LOVE the yellow brogues--did you see the Mint ones, too? To-Die-For!

Kelley Anne said...

Oh gosh, I'm so with you, especially on the brogues. I've been looking for a pair in my price range, but haven't spied any yet. Great summer color:)