22 July 2009

And don't get me wrong, dear, in general I'm doing quite fine...*

a
top: 70s cotton eyelet camisole
pants: 50s cigarette pants
shoes: thrifted t-straps
purse: vintage Bond Street bag
*listening to: Regina Spektor - Begin to Hope "Summer in the City"

Yesterday morning I woke up a bit early and headed out to a local flea market. I had good intentions of taking some photos as I wound my way through the tables but it was a bit crowded and claustrophobic and started raining about halfway through so... no photos. It was one of those flea markets that is mostly junk and people selling socks and fake handbags. Sometimes they also have livestock auctions which I avoid like the plague. All the little lambs and calves bleating as they're being sold off for future slaughter just make me want to cry. But that's another story altogether.

Despite the junky nature of the place, I still managed to walk away with a couple of good finds. I was on the hunt for pieces to use in organizing my new office space and walked away with an old fruit crate and two metal storage bins for all of my post office supplies. I also bought about a pound of blueberries for just two bucks. Mmmmm. I'm having a bowl of blueberries and soymilk for breakfast in the morning.

28 comments:

AlicePleasance said...

Those pants are beautiful!

Unknown said...

so cute

Aurora said...

i love using non-convential things for storage and organization. it makes something that can get really mundane kind of exciting if it's stored in a cute imaginative box or crate.

svenskaussie said...

What a fantstic combo, I love the top, it looks so summery.

andreja said...

love the cigarette pants, jennifer!

hannah, heart city said...

gah what a simple yet perfect outfit. i am dreaming of some perfect black pants like those. i'm always disappointed when flea markets are more people selling sunglasses and fake purses than vintage & nic knacks. at least you found a couple things

Tip said...

I really love those pants!

Lexie said...

you do wear those pants so well!

Anonymous said...

love the pants only you could pull them off though :)
nicky x

Q's Daydream said...

I agree, those pants are amazing! :o)

Starr said...

those pants are great, you look wonderful!

Laura McLaws Helms said...

That outfit looks fabulous on you!

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

Oh how I wish I had the figure for 50's cigarette pants! But alas I am stuck with wearing the wasp waisted full skirts, but I guess that isn't too bad of a trade off ;)

xo

Jennifer
http://milliedeel.blogspot.com/

Rose said...

These photos are gorgeous!

Madeleine said...

love your pants.
great oufit.

Stéphanie said...

Beautiful !

claradevi said...

beautiful outfits as always :)

Isabel said...

Those pants are absolutely amazing! i want to find a similar pair!

Anonymous said...

i looooooooooooooooooooooooove ur blog!!!!!!!!!!yes, vintage never die :):)

Penny said...

i have been looking for a pair of trousers like that for sooooo long! where did you get them from? x

reckless daughter said...

"it's just when it's summer in the city and you are long gone from this city - I start to miss you, baby, sometimes"

Your posts always leave me with a song in my head ;)

and now I wants some blueberries (yum).

Melissa Blake said...

you look gorgeous!

Wanderlusting said...

I want your breakfast (gorgeous pics as usual :)

Sandra said...

You look so lovely! the location is also wonderful with all that greenery! i should get a pair of cigarette pants myself...*sigh*. a vintage wardrobe is so hard to build!

eednic said...

i love your cigarette pants and eyelet cami!! fabulous outfit!

Aya Smith said...

Oh man, those are my dream pants >.< You look totally gorgeous!

LF said...

this outfit is darling! those pants look great on you.

jess s//

Meghan said...

I hate it when that happens! Thrifting is always a hit or miss sort of game- sometimes you find the most precious jewels among mountains of junk and other you cannot turn around without finding a lovely piece. Feast or famine type of thing huh?