13 September 2009

Rainy Day

_11
trench coat: Gap
rain boots: Wellies
umbrella: vintage

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful encouraging comments on my last post! I'm glad you finally got to see a little bit of what I've been up to over the past month or so. We're really proud of the progress so far and we've been taking lots of before and during photos so when we get it all done and take our after photos I'll have to post a little series.

Here's the rainy version of the outfit I was wearing yesterday. I wanted to get some shots of our backyard but the sky wouldn't cooperate. We're only moving about seven blocks from our apartment to our house so whenever I have to make a quick trip there I usually just walk; thus the rain boots and umbrella. As excited as I am about the inside of the house, I'm equally excited about having our own tiny backyard.

We already have plans for a porch swing and a little vegetable/herb garden and finally a place to compost! And there's a scraggly orange cat that lives next door (I've already dubbed him Mr. Orange - I love Tim Roth). He climbs the fence and comes to visit so I'll be working on fattening him up. Oh, and my mom already built the worlds cutest bird house to hang on the fence so I can entice all the pretty little yellow finches I see in the trees to come live in the yard.

20 comments:

Lani said...

I have a similar gap coat in magenta :) Hopefully the weather will clear up and you can get some photos of your birdhouse in action- that's certainly an adorable bird house and the native birds are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

I love your trenchcoat and umbrella!

Anonymous said...

lovely trench!

Unknown said...

Fabulous trench coat ;D

Rebecca said...

Awesome rainy day outfit! And it sounds like everything is coming along nicely with the house. I can't wait to have a backyard so I can have a little garden and compost heap! :)

glam.spoon said...

great photo - love the gate and the walkway as background.

Isabel said...

You look so cute in the wellies! I love umbrella outfit pictures.

Lexie said...

i think i have that same trench coat!

13bees said...

gorgeous photo! I wish I had more opportunities to wear my hunter boots, or that it wasn't weird to wear them when it wasn't rainy...

Clo by Clau! said...

Great outfit ;)

Beautiful picture as always... I want those raining boots :P

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!
such a classic and chic photo
just beautiful

-cma
check out my blog @
cosmicaroline.blogspot.com

Erin Alaska said...

love the updates on your house! there is nothing more exciting than making a home your own. can't wait to see more!

Amy P. said...

Such a vibrant photo! Mm, sounds dreamy...a garden and a bird house with a lazy cat.

And can I say that birdhouse is AMAZING? What a mom!

Jules said...

Awesome photo! And the birds house was the cutest ever. =D

Summer
A Writers Den
Brown Mestizo

Rachel said...

I love your sweet umbrella and super functional rain boots. You look so cute. It sounds like you have great plans for the house. I bet it's going to be awesome.

Lacey Starr said...

Renovating a house is such hard work but oh so satisfying! I've been working on one myself. I love your umbrella, by the way.

Meaghan Kelly said...

i think i have that very same gap coat! and those boots are cool! i thought they were the Hunter ones at first!

Stéphanie said...

You are beautiful !

Anonymous said...

Those are some great wellies lady! You look like you should be walking through the Welsh countryside with the wind in your hair

Polly x

Julie said...

That umbrella is adorable!!

xoxo
Julie
sweetheartdarlin.com