11 December 2009

Creepy Ol' Attic

b (4)

- 30s wool jumper
- thrifted wool J. Crew cardigan
- AA tights
- boots courtesy of Modcloth
- vintage wool beret
- vintage silk scarf


Yet another abandoned house you're asking? Nope! It's my very own sorta creepy, maybe-sometimes haunted attic! With temperatures plummeting well below freezing I couldn't fathom stopping along my way to the post office to take outfit photos. M-m-must minimize time spent freezing outside! So instead, I hauled myself up the creaky stairs into the attic of house. It's a space perfect for storing all of our extras that haven't quite found a permanent place in the house but not exactly a room I hang out in, um, ever.

As for the haunting, I'm sorta half kidding. There have been some mystery wet spots that appear on the floor outside the attic door (do ghosts do that?) and the cats are always howling when they walk by it. Plus there's been a knocking noise (which I'm sure is caused by tree limbs hitting the roof, but it's more fun to imagine it has a supernatural origin!) and I swear I felt something tug my skirt when I walked by the door one day!

d

20 comments:

AlicePleasance said...

Oh, it looks a lot like the attic in my old house!

Are you already craving for spring, like me?!

Catherine Shu said...

The jumper is fantastic -- and I love your maybe-haunted attic. I wish I had one (instead, I just have upstairs neighbors engaged in constant weekend remodeling projects).
the renegade bean

Kassondra DeBoer said...

Oooh your attic does sound creepy, but it makes for a great photo taking spot!

Maz said...

Your attic sounds creeperific! Great outfit and photos!

Ash
goldleafashley.blogspot.com

M said...

It doesn't look haunted at all, just cozy and old and kind of..romantic. I'm imagining a Mr Darcy moment here of course... :)

BaronessVonVintage said...

Ooh, how atmospheric! LOVE that jumper. Maybe the ghosts are leaving ectoplasm outside the door? ;)

Meaghan Kelly said...

oh man I love haunted places more than anything! I get so easily freaked out but in a sort of thrilling-i-like-it sort of way and I think if I had an attic like yours I'd set up shop up there and make it into my crazy-lady workshop and allow stray cats in and stuff!
or maybe I'd leave it completely barren except for one creepy doll and send my little cousins up to play in it and get scared! hahah

either way, great space! your house looks like a dream from the peaks we've gotten so far!

chaucee said...

Those kind of rooms always creep me out whenever people talk about hauntings. I don't believe in that sort of stuff but it's still not fun to talk about.

Coco said...

These are amazing photo! What a great place to take picture! Oh but it also sound a little scary... ;)

-Coco from Our Paper Moon

kater said...

I've been hoping that jumper would make an appearance soon, after you posted about it a few weeks ago! It's utter perfection!

sarahwl said...

did you already post the pictures of your renovation work on the house? i hope i didn't miss the it! i love the attic-- i'm sure i'd love the rest too!

Lexie said...

that jumper is incredible! i'm always impressed that you find vintage items in such wearable condition!

Sidewalk Chic said...

i'm always impressed with the quality and creativity of your photos! they're always something to look forward too :)

-Nikki

Ashley said...

Amazing photos! Love your jumper, you seem so have so many beautiful ones!

Katy said...

I think ghosts are more known for cold spots than wet ones, but I suppose they could branch out! Creepy!

LoveCharlesVintage said...

Those boots are great!

Rachel said...

oh my god, coolest attic EVER. You're so lucky!

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

I write off every little noise I hear in my own house as being a ghost. Love your spooky attic!

xoxoxo

anne said...

wow! these shots are awesome! your outfit is amazing as well.

Nicky said...

You sure have a great photographer! These are beautiful shots! Love you outfit!!!