(1. Generation Records, 2. Eerie Von, Mike D, Tom & Kerri on our way to VP2, 3. rehearsals at GR, 4. Lyle, Eerie, Tom and Mike hanging out before the show)
We're home from our weekend in NYC and taking the day to relax and recover. We had such a great time. It always makes me a bit sad leaving the city behind. I think my New Year's resolution will be to win the lotto and move to New York. ;) Here are a few highlights from our trip:
- Eating Kung Pao spaghetti at Vegetarian Paradise 2. I could eat it again right now. Right now.
- Waking up to a light dusting of snow over the city. Doesn’t everything look prettier with a little bit of snow?
- Having a conversation with Tom about Ethan Hawke then walking right by Ethan Hawke on the sidewalk about two minutes later.
- People watching! How on earth is it that so many attractive, fashionable people live in such close proximity to one another?
- Spending more time behind the camera than in front of it for a change!
- Getting to see musicians from three of my favorite bands (Danzig, Minor Threat and Killswitch Engage) rehearsing and performing together.
- Hanging out with friends from afar: New York, Jersey, Massachusetts and PA.
- Stopping into Stella Dallas, one of my favorite vintage shops in NY. How convenient that the shop is just two doors down from Generation Records. ;)
- Having a serious kismet moment shopping at Topshop (more on that later!).
- Finding the Fletcher for Lyell pieces I wanted that are sold out online.
- And most of all: seeing Tom’s name in lights! Umm… or at least a light box. He worked so hard on this project it was great to see it all finally come together.
(1&2. Tom and Eerie signing copies of the book, 3. Erin's amazing tattoos and Lyle signing books, 3. Shop kitty Lulu, 4. Tools of the night: silver sharpies, Heineken and Jim Beam.)