20 January 2010

Rachel Antonoff SS10

Untitled-2
images by Dan Moody

It's enough work keeping up with four seasons' worth of fashion so when it comes to things like "cruise collections" and "pre-fall" I really can't seem to make room in my head for it. Those collections usually go right in one ear and out the other, so to speak. Right now I'm even having a hard time concentrating on all of the SS10 collections I've seen sneaking onto blogs. But... this one's different! It's the Rachel Antonoff collection and I have to say this is the first one I've seen that's gotten me really excited for warmer weather. Although really I think part of the reason I like it so much is because I can see wearing those black lacy dresses right now. Spring clothes I don't have to wait until spring to wear... Yay!

Be sure to check out the interview that Pamela from Market Publique did with Rachel on the Dossier blog. She seems to have such a charmed life (one she works very hard for, but still!). Imagine spending your days having ballet lessons with Sarah Sophie Flickr, dreaming up collections inspired by ballerinas and private detectives and planning a fashion show disguised as a stage play... or was it a stage play disguised as a fashion show? Hmmm.

Untitled-1

18 comments:

Alyssa said...

oooh, love! The ballet-inspired theme is really working here. Just enough, just enough. My favorite picture and dress is the last one, the girl with the pastel stripes and the crown of flowers... ADOREable

_ said...

i love this post. it embodies everything that i love at the moment.
s.

the exhausted etiquette (kirstine) said...

this is so perfectt!!!

anon said...

these are gorgeous, girly but not over the top, and most of all, they look utterly wearable.

anja louise said...

I love this!! I still can't get over the cool blouses she had in her fall 09 collection. and those amazing shorts!

Louise said...

I agree with Alyssa ... I love the stripey dress.

melly said...

Rachel Antonoff can do no wrong! I love how unpredicatable yet still present her ballet inspiration is.

Madeline Veenstra said...

I adore the first dress, it's really pretty :)

Christina said...

You have such great taste. Thanks for introducing me to this charmed ballerina life!

Mad for Fashion said...

I love all clothes, great collection!!!

marz_barzxo said...

Love the collection!

http://mttsuihka.blogspot.com

Lexie said...

ooo! i love that blue dress with the white collar.

Rosie said...

Great collection! Thanks for sharing!

megannielsen said...

Yeah I love the ballet inpsired theme!

Q's Daydream said...

This is amazing!!! I haven't been crazy about any of the spring collections I've seen so far, but this, OMG! Thanks for sharing!

alexandra grecco said...

i love it! xo

alexandra

Striped Shirts said...

I love the outfits here!!

Ashley said...

my inner ballerina is in love with these images!