09 February 2010

Vintage Textiles

Untitled-1

I've had this little collage of 1920s textile designs saved in my "draft folder" for a while now, not knowing quite what to say about it. The Textile Blog is another one of my favorite Flickr photostreams to stalk. I like these for so many reasons... the colors have certainly been inspiring many of my outfits lately. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a dress printed with one of these designs? I've also been scouring the site for house decorating ideas - from coveting the William Morris rugs to wishing I could cover my wall with crazy old wallpaper designs.

Looking at these is cheering me up a bit this morning since I looked at the weather forecast. Not to be a Debbie Downer but the 12-14 inches of snow we're set to receive this evening on top of the 26 inches that are still lingering out there almost sent me into tears. I'm just feeling a bit stir crazy is all. I think that means I should go ahead and do my weekly thrifting today, probably the only day the roads will be clear enough to drive this week. Hmmm... yes, that should certainly cheer me up. Also, I'll be updating the shop later today with lots of lovely dresses!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful.

thanks for another great flickr link.

I am Denise Katipunera

Charmalade said...

I love these prints-- they're so vibrant and writing with movement. I would absolutely love these as wallpaper or a print in my house, or most definitely made into an outfit.

My favorite's the middle right, how about you? :)

http://charmalade.blogspot.com

Diane @ Haute Flashion said...

I LOVE vintage textiles! I have a stack that I have collected over the years with the intent of making pillows. Unfortunately, I don't sew, and the pile just keeps getting bigger...

Go shopping and enjoy yourself. I don't envy you all that snow. Might be time for another trip down south!

Violet Folklore said...

Seriously, bright prints and happy patterns are a keystone in my Winter Survival Arsenal. Thanks for posting these :-)

BaronessVonVintage said...

these are just glorious!

Christina said...

So inspiring. Thanks for sharing. It's amazing what can be shared on Flickr.

M. said...

I just went to Mood Fabrics in NYC and they had so many textiles that remind me of these, so gorgeous

lovelove, M.
http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

iliketweet said...

They are delightful, love the warmth of these prints.

I've got a vintage textile book that I like to leaf through when I'm bored.

http://iliketweet.blogspot.com/

Romanticize said...

Gorgeous! I'm majoring in textile design and these are so inspiring! I especially love that first one on the navy background.

Ali
www.toromanticize.blogspot.com

Livi said...

those textiles are rad!

roberta jane said...

All beautiful... I particularly love the bottom right print!

Heather said...

These are great. I especially love the first one. These all definitely would look fab on a dress.

AlicePleasance said...

Marvellous prints! I really want to try sewing a pair of pants (we've finished making all the skirts styles at my sewing course and from next week we'll be all about pants!) using some sort of printed fabric...I'm not sure if I'll ever wear them, but I'm a bit obsessed with the idea lately!!

mo said...

Lovely post! You can see more vintage fabric and wallpaper here:

http://wmmorrisfanclub.blogspot.com/2010/02/morris-v-pattern-part-3.html

BB said...

Along with imagining chalkboard walls in almost every inch of my home, now I really want pretty printed, vintage/textile-inspired wallpaper all over the ones left without.

So pretty.

esme and the laneway said...

Beautiful, I love the bottom right one. Good luck for those snowy roads :)

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

Seems like everyone is going stir crazy these days (myself included!).

These prints are great. I have such a huge collection of vintage textiles that I really should do something with.