13 April 2010

Bird Prints

behati
Super adorable Behati Prinsloo

Would it be terrible to start this post by saying bird prints are really taking off? Flying of the shelves? Har, har, har! Yep, pretty terrible. Perhaps instead we should begin by discussing how frickin' adorable Behati Prinsloo is in her bird cage print dress and Where the Wild Things Are crown . That just may go down as one of the best prints I've ever spotted. According to the photo credit it's a vintage dress so there's no luck getting my hands on one. Wah-wah.

b

Usually if I end up in a print, which is not too often I think, it's a floral one or perhaps a classic stripe. But bird prints are quickly becoming a favorite. It seems I'm not the only one; there's The Clothes Horse in her Modcloth dress and The Glamourai in her amazing Hayden Harnett dress.

c
Luella, Miss Selfridge, Kate Moss for Topshop

I think my favorite version of the print are the simple black and white ones. The Miss Selfridge one is tempting me. There's something a bit dark and Hitchcockian about the swirling flocks that offsets the sweet silhouette of the dress. Looking at these reminds me that I just found a bird-on-a-wire wrap dress at a local vintage shop that I need to wear soon. I think I also have an old bird print Urban Outfitters dress hanging in the back of my closet somewhere. Shop my closet, right?!

d
Miu Miu, Karen Walker, ?? from Allure Allure's Flickr photostream

24 comments:

tess said...

I would totally wear any of these

Jenni said...

These are all really beautiful. That Miss Selfridge dress IS pretty tempting... If only they weren't sold out of my size! :D

Holli said...

Wow...I am LOVING these. Think I may be on the search to find my own bird print dress now!

Starr Crow said...

i'm so glad you did this post. ever since i saw the modcloth dress on lindsay I've been dreaming about bird prints:
(http://www.mysolitaryconsignment.com/blog.php?do=blog&id=95)

That first one steals my heart though. What a beauty.

the Citizen Rosebud said...

As usual, a wonderful post. You see the big picture and notice the details. The top picture is so good!

niki said...

I actually just got a really good bird print dress at urban outfitters yesterday. I can't find it anywhere on the website, but it's like this: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?itemdescription=true&itemCount=60&startValue=181&selectedProductColor=&sortby=&id=16609190&parentid=W_APP_BRANDS_KIMCHI&sortProperties=+subCategoryPosition,price&navCount=14&navAction=jump&color=&pushId=W_APP_BRANDS_KIMCHI&popId=BRANDS&prepushId=&selectedProductSize= with white bird print over it. Keep your eyes peeled!

BB said...

this post has definitely ... gone to the birds ... in the most fabulous of ways. now all i have to do is find one befitting my bargain-y wallet ...

mirattes said...

amazing dresses :)

Floddertje said...

I bought the Miss Selfridge dress a while ago, she looks really great! I´m really glad to have it, you should definitively go for it!

Isabel said...

That first picture is soo cute! The barbie doll in the bird cage is a little freaky though.

goodbyestockholm said...

Great post! Love all of the dresses here.

Cubicle Chic said...

Great collection of bird patterned dresses! Isn't it a wonderful and whimsical trend? Love the post!

Clusterfly said...

loving this post!! especially since I saw the Blue Bird Blouse while dreaming my way through Anthropologie the other day...

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=013080&&navCount=&navAction=jump&search=true&parentid=SEARCH_RESULTS


and yes, shop that closet girl! Can't wait to see that wrap dress you speak of...

reckless daughter said...

How I love these prints! I'm on the look out. Almost bought the Modcloth one a few weeks ago.

Maria Confer said...

I have to agree with you, that bird cage print is amazing. Someone needs to duplicate it!

Lulu Letty

esme and the laneway said...

These are all amazing. I've always loved a bird print, but now I do even more – I'll thank Miu Miu for that :)
I have a bird print dress from a few years ago that I am looking forward to wearing again v soon.

Emily said...

http://whi.s3.leg.thumbs.lg1x8.simplecdn.net/20090409130551.jpg

This dress from sarahseven has stolen my heart! I would have loved to wear this to prom, or any of her dresses for that matter.

Amy P. said...

That birdcage print-oh my god. That's genius. I think you've sparked my interest in bird prints!

Teresa said...

Behati looks so adorable in that photo! Bird prints are pretty. I have yet to have one in my collection.

Every Little Counts said...

i've been admiring the miu miu for awhile now!

it's good to see we were on right on track- we have a birds in flight printed tank in our s/s collection. but then again, i've always had a thing for birds.

Taylor said...

i love the bird print dress. I am on the hunt for one myself!! xoxo

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

I saw this AMAZING bird print dress at UO a while ago and tried on the last one they had (xs) and it was not going to fit and I was so seriously bummed!

Little Garcon said...

You are so right, bird prints are so in right now! I was planning on just having a lazy day off, but I think you've inspired me to go on a little shopping adventure. Thanks!

-Christine

Eva said...

I actually have something similar on sale on my blog. Just let me know if you are interested! :)

Eve's Eden