25 June 2010

Etsy Update: Printed Cotton Skirts

1

The other day someone suggested that I organize my shop categories by sizes rather than by type so it would make it easier to find something in your own size rather than looking through each page. I have seen other shops organized like this and I can definitely see the appeal. I thought for a minute about changing mine around but realized that a) I like seeing how many of each type of clothing I have listed and b) it would be an awfully time consuming project to recategorize every piece I have listed in the shop! Then it occurred to me that it would be quite easy for all of you to browse by size in my shop. Here's how...

I already have each item label by size in the description and in the tags. All you have to do is search by size under "this shop" in the Etsy search engine. For example, if you're looking for size large clothing just search the word "large" or the letter "l" in my shop and it will find all of the size large clothing for you. Search "xs" for extra smalls, "s" for smalls, "m" for mediums and so on. Make sense? Hope so!

12 comments:

laura said...

organizing by type is more like the way you would shop in real life, so while I can def. see the appeal, i think you're right to leave it the way it is. love the skirts-the first one reminds me of that HBO show with Jill Scott-the Ladies' No.1 Detective Agency. It's set in Botswana and it's SO AWESOME!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I always find it easy to figure out my size on your items since you put (xs-s) and (sm-med) and such on every item.

SophieSweetVintage said...

I really like the green polkadot one. So pretty!

Unknown said...

hey where is that first skirt?? I looked on your shop and couldn't find it...

MarieBayArea said...

sooo pretty. i've hearted a couple of them already.

Michelle Link said...

I love the display of skirts. My favorite is the first one in the first row. thanks for sharing! I look forward to catching up on your blog and reading future posts!

Zeahnna said...

Wow! nice skirts.

Kenza said...

I love these skirts.
i want each and every one of them.

xoxo

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Love that mint green polka dot one, very cute!

Daisy Dayz Home

Stéphanie said...

So pretty !

Catherine said...

Love these skirts! They are amazing!

Rachel Holm said...

i totally agree! have become obsessed with simple yet crazy skirts like these lately!

party.