11 June 2010

He walked liked no man on earth...

1

photos by Tom b.

- UO floral dress (the one I bought in DC)
- vintage cardigan
- Target socks
- 30s oxfords
- vintage hat
- vintage Coach purse
- listening to: The Alarm - Standards "The Stand"

2

Wednesday was Tom's birthday and we had plans to go out to dinner to our favorite Mexican restaurant. We tend to gravitate towards little hole-in-the-wall family run places and happened upon this one last year when driving down towards Delaware. Seriously, the best guacamole I've ever tasted in my life! And the salsa bar... don't even get me started. Tom and I are both sort of salsa addicted so the place was pretty much perfect.

So... you can imagine our crushing disappointment when, after thinking about this guacamole all day long, only to arrive and find that the place had suddenly shut down! Argh. We were so hyped up on eating at this place, nothing else even sounded good. We took the extra time we ended up with to shoot a few photos for the blog. The absence of guacamole in my life is probably why I'm looking particularly dour in that first photo. I was not really a happy gal. All ended well as we called a friend who recommended another local Mexican joint. While not quite as good as our original destination, temporarily cured me of my salsa withdrawals.

I also want to take a moment to thank Naomi for including me in her RockStar Interviews series on her lovely blog!

3

23 comments:

Fairfield said...

Just stumbled by your blog and shop via the Rockstar Diaries and I just wanted to tell you how lovely it all is. Looking at your shop is dangerous! Too many cute clothes!

Maria Confer said...

Your dress is just what I'm always looking for at the thrift store. I love little floral patterns.

Lulu Letty

Kara Athena said...

Love the hat.. I think it really pulls the outfit together.

Bummertown Vintage - http://www.etsy.com/shop/kakronti

Kara Athena said...

Love the hat.. it really pulls the outfit together!

Bummertown Vintage- http://www.etsy.com/shop/kakronti

Chaucee said...

That is some awesome backgrounds you got going on there! I live in Lancaster but can't figure out where these were taken. It's beautiful!

Talia said...

Nice shoulders of the dress. the print in also pretty.

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

THe last shots are cute. love the one of you putting the "hat" on haah.

ariane said...

i really like this outfit so simple and cute. and the hat is just amazing!

Charmalade said...

All this talk about guacamole and salsa is making me needlessly hungry. :( I'm sorry to hear about your favorite place being shut down-- I hate that feeling of crushing disappointment! So does my stomach.

Toast with Charmalade

Little Lost Treasures said...

Love the outfit! that dress is so cute and I love the socks!

Unknown said...

I love the very simple outfit with the hat, floral dress and cardigan. Casual is so pretty!

Kelly's Joie de Vivre said...

I'm really loving the little details of this outfit like the socks and the hat... though I guess the hat isn't such a little detail!

Very cute dress, I love it!

Zoƫ, Lion Heart Vintage said...

another lovely look! those socks are darling. i HATE when unforeseen problems affect my food cravings. i also get very dour. glad you were able to get your fix though :)

Rebecca said...

I love these photos. Especially the one against the yellow wall, and with the giant hat! I need to learn how to wear ankle socks with my outfits. They always looks great the way you style them.

Rebecca said...

I love these photos! Especially the one against the yellow background, and the giant hat. I need to try out ankle socks in place of tights. They always looks great the way you style them with your outfits.

Ali Hval said...

Just perfect. :) I love all the colors.

M said...

i love your outfit!
kisses
maru

kelly ann said...

i love how simple yet totally darling this outfit is... LOVE that hat. :)

reckless daughter said...

beautiful dress! I love that sombrero photo! haha

Leire said...

:( So sad, but you'll be luckier next time with guacamole! I love it too :) Those oxfords are gorgeous and you look great as always :)

MarieBayArea said...

The photo of you under the GIANT "hat" is wonderful!

Diana said...

Love your floral dress! And it looks so cute paired with socks and that hat!
And sorry that the place was shut down..at least you have some priceless memories of it :)
And ooohhh, I looovve the pic of you under the giant hat.

Diana
http://thegirloverboard.tumblr.com

allison said...

Ohmygod, my boyfriend Alex and I are similarly addicted to chips and spicy salsas and I think we would probably die if we went to OUR favorite hole-in-the-wall mexican place and it was closed!! So sad, but I am glad the restaurant is still there, it made for some awesome commemorative pictures for the blog, huh?!