26 July 2010

The Last of 'Bama

Alabama

- 40s dress
- UO canvas flats
- Target socks
- 70s crochet bag

Here are the last photos that I took on my trip to 'Bama. It seems like so long ago that I was there! I remember being awfully hot and sweaty when I was trying to take these photos. And also constantly being attacked by bugs and briars.

Speaking of bugs and briars... our backyard has been an unruly mess of weeds and a haven for wayward squirrels ever since we moved in late last summer. We've been dreaming of have a nice backyard patio ever since. This week it's becoming a reality! The landscapers showed up early this morning (thank goodness it's not quite so hot today) and by the end of the week we should be eating dinner al fresco on our new brick patio. I already saw that my garden box has been installed so next summer we'll have fresh peppers and tomatoes right out of our own backyard! That is, if I'm actually able to grow any.

Forgive my rambling... I'm just quite excited about the new backyard. So, did anyone catch the Mad Men premier last night? I won't give anything away for those of you who haven't yet seen it, but we really enjoyed it! I love that you can see the style advancing a bit. A new hairdo for Peggy, a new dress for Joan, a fresh color scheme in the office. The details of that show have always astounded me. I can't wait to see where this season goes.

b

25 comments:

Velvet said...

Oh, that backyard sounds awesome. Lucky girl!

KristiMcMurry said...

Gorgeous pictures! I too dream of a backyard patio...someday :)

Q's Daydream said...

Lovely pics! I adore that dress!
Mad Men was greaaaaaaat! :o)

Fashion Matters said...

love that dress!

Lulu and her whimsical ways! said...

can I have your dress please ;-)

DIANA said...

Hun I always love the simplicity of your photos but at the same time they have these elegance I cant describe…..I love that most of them are taken outdoors it really gets the point across and sucks me into the photo even more so…..Great post love it♥

ariane said...

love the socks/flats combination!

thosequietnights.blogspot.com

xx

Anonymous said...

ME ENCANTAAAAAAAAAAAAN LAS FOTOS
SON HERMOSAS!

Muchos besos

Sarah Dee said...

that dress... is amazing.... *drools! Where did you get it?

Sarah
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

DalenaVintage said...

No apologies necessary! Backyard patios are the absolute best especially nights spent dining al fresco.

Moroszka said...

Your dress is wonderful!!! Interesting outfit - as always orginally.

MissZuri said...

love this look!!!





come check out my new fashion blog & follow...xxxxo.
SweetDreamzxBeautifulNightmares

Gracie said...

Wonderful photos as usual, it looks like it's just about to start storming! Love it

Amelia said...

the pattern of this dress is so great. & you have this casual gracefulness in your pictures,i love looking at them.

i can definitely relate to the bugs and briars. my legs look polka dotted from all the ravenous bugs! they just have a field day when i go outside. and congratulations on your patio! sounds beautiful.

kelly ann said...

i absolutely love that dress!

Bri said...

I always love your photo's. I;m not sure if its the exposure and how you take them that seem to take them to the next level or what but you and your photo's are always so lovely!!! Bravo!

Anonymous said...

lovely as always- and man I miss PA...such pretty landscapes.

uchie suci utami apsari said...

nice pictures:)

http://aribbonpolkastethoscope.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

Love the muted colours of the dress with the little socks. I'm so jealous you got to see the new mad men, it's not out yet in the UK.

Leah said...

hope your plans come to fruition!
pun intended...?
lovely dress.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Love your dress! :)

Lexie said...

i am glad i'm not the only one with a heat daze look in my outfit photos! i bet it was rose in bama than tn!

Little Amy said...

I love the dress. Gingham is so great.
Check out my store, I think you'd really like it!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/latenightaew

Taylor Sterling said...

Amazingly beautiful pictures!I love the dress!

noirohio vintage said...

prettttty! I LOVE the gingham!