08 November 2010

Other people stared as if we were both quite insane...

1

photos by Tom b.

- H&M striped shirt
- 60s wool skirt
- Madewell sweater cape
- AA tights
- Hansel from Basel socks
- Jeffrey Campbell boots
- vintage wool beret
- listening to: The Hollies "Bus Stop"

2

I guess I was putting quite a bit of pressure on this weekend and I have to say it really lived up to all of my expectations. Friday was a chilly night but it was fun to bundle up in tights and a wool coat to walk downtown for the art gallery openings. There's also a new vintage shop in town that I was able to check out for the first time and I have to say, I'm going to be in so much trouble with that shop! I pretty much wanted to take home everything in the shop. I'm already thinking about the next time I can go back.

3

The rest of the weekend was pretty chill with lots of housework (the good kind that makes you feel like you've really accomplished something), a trip to Trader Joe's (oh, how I miss you!), and lots of napping on the couch with the cats while Tom watched football.

4

As for what I'm wearing, I wasn't completely convinced about this Madewell cape when I got it. I thought it looked a little like I was wearing a big blanket. However, after just one wear, I'm totally convinced that I'll be living in it most of the winter. It's just so cozy and well... sort of like wearing a big blanket, which I guess ended up being a good thing.

The knee socks are a new favorite as well. At first I felt like my knees were looking quite conspicuous. I suppose it is a bit odd to wear something that highlights your knees. Just a quick warning... if you wear these, make sure you line up the knee patches right over your knees or you end up looking like you've got some seriously wonky legs.

5

30 comments:

Em said...

Gorgeous! Love the way you styled the outfit. As always, Tom's photography is tops.

Chaucee said...

I love the cape!
& Thanks for answering my questions about Tom's pictures. I'm actually going to the open house this weekend at PCAD. I'm looking at transferring there from my current college. If PCDA can teach me to take pictures like the ones on this blog then I'm definitely going to apply. Ha.

Have a great day!

Nancie said...

love the cape and the boots!! http://www.fashionablenotebook.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I adore that black beret, which TOTALLY completes the look!

www.Vivivintage.com

Rosaspina Vintage said...

Yay the padded tights :) They look absolutely great! The cape looks so warm, I'm not surprised you've changed your mind about it this year! Also, I love the fact that with you gorgeous hair color you can always have an excuse to wear something brown, it always look perfect, I'm jealous ;)

Louder Than Silence said...

Oh my, I love this look on you - those socks are amazing and I can see that cape getting a lot of wear this winter, it looks so cosy!

Sally x
Louder Than Silence

The Wh0le Story said...

You're adorable, and that cape is great! I am also diggin 'the knee patches.

robyn said...

This look is gorgeous!! LOVE the cape. and the socks too. Well done!

harmonybatham said...

I laughed at the wonky legs quip:) I am in love with those tights!! they are on my wishlist for sure:)

Maggie said...

Wow- you are making me want to get a cape ASAP!

Opal Wells said...

a new vintage store in town- how exciting!!!!

you look so lovely in this cape. It's been a look I can't seem to pull off.

jenniwells.blogspot.com

archives vintage said...

wow, i am totally in love with everything you are wearing!!! i wore a comfy cape this weekend and couldnt be happier! :D

sarah nicole said...

I love this. I love your entire blog! So much. Your photo shoots are always so beautiful and your Etsy store is lovely. I appreciate that you are discerning when it comes to vintage and seem to sell only the best and prettiest. Please be my stylist? ; )

~Sarah

Unknown said...

My god!!! love this cape!!! and your photos are very special!! I'm wondering how you do to have this kind of pictures!!! ;)
xoxo
lamia
http://ginger-chocolateandhoney.blogspot.com/

Natasha Jane said...

Gotta love those socks!

mirattes said...

Wow those socks and cape are beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Beauitful :) Love the cape - great outfit and shots

The Purse-a-holic said...

LOVE YOUR CAPE!

http://jannsboutique.blogspot.com/

13bees said...

madewell sweater cape from current season??!!

Sally Jane Vintage said...

Thanks so much for all of your comments!

The Madewell cape is from the current season and I'm pretty sure it's still available. I highly recommend it!

Emma said...

Stunning photos! What a great location, hay filled fields are the best!

Collette Osuna said...

Im DIEING over the cape and the fabulous socks...wow, LOVE this outfit..the boots are great too!!!


Stop by and say Hello ♥
Enter my Awesome ModCloth Giveaway

Mandi Johnson said...

You do look comfy, but that's not the first thing I thought! The first thing I thought was that you looked very stylish. Annnnd, secondly those socks are indeed amazing.

Gracie said...

love it as usual, lookin good!

the spectator said...

very stylish

svenskaussie said...

Wonderful outfit and photo's, just amazing !

Anonymous said...

I love these! Nothing more perfect than a poncho and some haybails, right? :) And I just spotted the preview of the new and upcoming ASOS collection - I am drooling!

So glad to have found your blog!
XOXO,
style activist

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

glorious photography. Sounds like you had a restful weekend. I love the tall socks.

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

A cozy cape is such a must have for the cooler weather, I think. This one is glorious!

Tiffany said...

Your sense of fashion is very inspiring. I absolutely love your outfit in this post.

Tiffany