28 December 2010

I don't wanna be here in your British hell...

1

- 70s sweater dress from Smilin' Gal Vintage
- Dear Creatures coat courtesy of Modcloth
- H&M ribbed tights
- Jeffrey Campbell boots
- vintage fur collar
- thrifted belt
- vintage wool beret
- vintage Gladstone bag
- listening to: The Misfits "London Dungeon"

2

I have mad respect for all the East Coast gals that are braving this frigid weather on a daily basis for the sake of outfit photos. If it hadn't been for pesky errands like the post office and the grocery store I would have stayed in my pajamas all day long. As it were, errands had to be run, so I figured I'd squeeze in a few photos as well.

3

So, here I am in what's left of our almost white Christmas. We were supposed to get lots more, but luckily we were spared. Just a couple of inches that will be washed away by the rain we're suppose to get this weekend. Speaking of this weekend, what is everyone doing for New Year's Eve? I'm sure mine will be pretty low key, although it would be fun to have an excuse to wear a fancy dress.

076

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that fur collar and bag. You certainly have a way of making vintage *right there* and fun. It must be so much fun rummaging and finding such treasures! xoxo

Rosaspina Vintage said...

Aw the good old Gladstone bag, I've been missing it :)
You look great Jennifer, I love your color palette.
A low key New Year's Eve here too, a very relaxing dinner with good friends!

Emma said...

awesome coat, beret and boots. glad its not too bad for you
Scrapbook de la Emma

Cel said...

Finally, someone else who doesn't want snow! Haha... I'm going to be spending New Year's Eve in Montreal at a big electronic music party, it's going to be lots of fun. I plan on wearing a vintage nightgown as costume actually, because it makes me feel so elegant.

Brittney said...

Yeah, but look at how awesome you look whilst braving the frigid temps! Good for you.
-Brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com
p.s. I added you to my blog-roll...I hope that's okay?

Sea Bird said...

What a great outfit for running errands! I love the beret.

Sea Bird said...

What a great outfit for running errands! I love the beret.

Annushka said...

Happy holidays dear )))I really like your blog , is one of my favorites!!!))) I LOVE VINTAGE)))

Mei-li said...

aaa i have to find a fur collar now, too bad i was in paris last week, and my need of it become so inbearable aaaaa

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I'm not ever really one who pays attention to tights/stockings, but yours amaze me and look so comfortable especially in all this snow that I have over here.

chantilly said...

man, those boots are to die for!

Lindsey Reiser said...

Who needs a high-key even to wear something fabulous?

Lexie said...

i just love when you were a beret! you're the only person i "know" who can wear it and look as good as faye dunaway!

Kasia said...

great combination :)

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

Your bag is glorious. I want to imagine it filled with apothecary bottles and an antique stethoscope.

Annalise said...

You look so nice and layered. Thanks for braving the cold weather to get us some outfit pictures. You're looking great!
XOXO

Unknown said...

Loving the outfit choice!! Great style always!

Georgie
xx

http://styleprincessdiaries.blogspot.com

Sara said...

You always have the sweetest photos!
I love your boots!

http://isabellasfashion.blogspot.com

Franzi said...

Great outfit!

Could you please tell me which shoes you are wearing?

I found these:
http://www.dnafootwear.com/product.asp?pfid=DNA06098

Is the leather spotty as on these product pictures?

Sally Jane Vintage said...

Franzi: I got my boots from Nasty Gal...

http://www.shopnastygal.com/products/new/clothing/shoes/Messina-Lace%252dUp-Boots.html

Danielle said...

I really like your tunic!