21 December 2010

New Vintage Treasures

1

Here are a few things that have made their way into my closet from the thrift store over the last month or so. The first two dresses were found hiding in the children's section of a thrift store. It seems the people that worked there didn't recognize the difference between a 60s mini dress and a child's dress. Great, since everyone else that picks vintage there missed them! The first one reminds me a lot of the white Lover dresses. The second one is wool and quickly becoming a favorite with all the cold weather we're having.

The 20s wool knit sailor dress didn't come from a thrift store (that would be the greatest thrifting luck ever). I found it at a local vintage shop and couldn't resist the striped sailor collar. It's a bit on the itchy side, but definitely falls into the "will suffer for fashion" category!

2

Speaking of knits, I've been on the lookout lately for hand knit (or crocheted) things. I love the fact that they're all so unique and the little imperfections just make them even more endearing. That cheerful red cardigan will most likely make it into my Christmas day outfit. The cableknit wool skirt reminds me of one I saw on the Topshop site. I really love it, but I haven't figure out how to wear it yet.

I'm trying to keep the boot collection under control but I couldn't resist adding these two pair. I think I've sold a pair or two exactly like the ankle boots in the past, so I'm keeping these for myself. The super tall vintage riding boots came from a thrift store that sells mostly furniture so I was surprised to find these. Actually I only found one on the shoe shelf then had to search the entire store for its mate. I even had one of the gals that works there helping me look! I was determined not to leave without them. They need a little doctoring around the back zipper but after that they be perfect!

10 comments:

Crystal Lee said...

shockingly amazing finds! It just goes to show that the kids department can not be neglected when thrift store shopping. I think the knit skirt would look good with a cropped knit sweater or a turtleneck.

BaronessVonVintage said...

oohhh, that sailor sweater is amazing!!

ferminadaza said...

Love the navy sweater. Very pretty :)

Anonymous said...

want, want want this Taupe Mauve knit skirt!!! if you change your mind, and won't to sell it, please let me know

Lucy said...

Wow, those riding boots are fabulous!

Gaya said...

Those ankle boots are so perfect!!!

http://marobecouleurdesoleil.blogspot.com/

This is my blog if you wanna have look, i'm selling some clothes!

xx Gaya

Anna Bonfiglio said...

I love wool skirt!
Come to me and if you want we can follow each other!
Anna
http://theyellowball.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Those ankle boots look so victorian and i love it!!!

Marja <3

jessica said...

I also have a serious boot fetish, its ridiculous! I promised myself I wouldn't buy more than one pair this year and so far Ive bought 4. oops. boot shop fail.. or win depending on how you look at it.

Caroline Hortes said...

I really love your blooog