07 March 2011

Family Affairs

a

I'm enjoying these images from the Family Affairs S/S 2011 lookbook. I think the Milky Way dress has me convinced that I should try out a maxi length dress. The collection is called Ocean Lemonade and I love the creative description from the designers...

For the spring summer 11 collection, "Ocean Lemonade", the Family Affairs heroine is exploring the South of France with her old battered suitcase. She is feisty rather than sweet and a little defiant. She often doesn't brush her hair. She goes wherever she finds the carefree pleasures of summer on dusty back roads scented with lavender: picking up tomatoes, olive oil, honey soaps.


She collects feathers, picks cornflowers and wild Jasmine to put on a scrubbed wooden table. She makes lemonade in a glass jar, uses whatever she has to hand and bakes something delicious, ties it up in a picnic knapsack and heads to the beach, singing along to Jonathan Richman: "That Summer Feeling: Memory comes taunting, you pick these things apart they're not that appealing, you put them together and you'll get this certain feeling, and that summer feeling is gonna haunt you one day in your life..."


b

9 comments:

Dreamy Girl said...

Haha! They are trying to market to me with their Jonathan Richamn references!!! It almost worked! I am really into the maxi dress trend, and wide leg pants!

Rosy (of Raindrops on Rosy) said...

I lalalaove that last lace dress. So whimsical and hippie chic.

UN-stitched said...

Love these, what a great find - never heard of this line before! Your previous post is also very beautiful.
christine
http://un-stitched.com/

Caitlin Rose said...

The milky way dress is so elegant. and I always love he photo shoots!

blouse said...

i've been thinking about a maxi-dress too. and this one is certainly to die for! she makes it look so dreamy and cool.

xo~jane

Afternoon's Hat said...

OH I love it!=) Especially the description, it makes me dreamy. Family affairs is from Switzerland, isn't it? I think it's a mother and her daughter. So, I hope this comment has brightened your day, the photoshoot has brightened mine.=)

Anonymous said...

I love the last dress it's so delicate and cute :)


visit me on :
www.agisense.blogspot.com

xoxoxooxxo
Agy

Lulamy* said...

Beautiful colours darling!

Kiss from Spain!

http://lul-amy.blogspot.com/

CHRISTI JAY said...

This appears to inspire the lace set above, love these posts next to each other, and love this line! ..and your shop :)

sleepydarlings.blogspot.com