22 April 2011

Photography: Behind the Scenes with David Hamilton

a
all scans from Starr Crow

I can't believe that in all the time I've had this blog I haven't posted about David Hamilton. His dreamy soft focus 70s photos are the stuff blog dreams are made of. I was so excited when Starr posted these behind the scenes shots from a 70s era issue of Show magazine. I've seen so many of his photos but never this perspective of the photographer capturing the image.

These images also make me really excited about a few Hamilton worthy pieces I've picked up at the thrift store over the past couple of weeks. Now I just need to find some tall grass to stand in for photos!

b

17 comments:

LittleMissLee said...

oh wow - so beautiful

http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

xxx

Starr Crow said...

Hamilton worthy pieces?? I'll be waiting for those to premiere. ;)

Caitlin Rose said...

Oh I'm so glad you did a photography post even though this friday is a holiday : )

Emma said...

Wow! I'd never heard of him before, the photos are so dreamy!

Emma x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! Funny how much cameras have changed.

Joana said...

IIIIIIIII'm in love with those pictures! now im a fan of david..and your blog! <3
joana-papillon.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

oh, this photos makes all seems more sweets than today! Love vintage!

KimChicSisters said...

beautiful!

http://kimchicsisters.blogspot.com/2011/04/trees-with-cherry-on-top.html

Elyse (Give Me Bows) said...

Thanks for sharing, the photographs are so beautiful + dreamy! <3

Rosy (of Raindrops on Rosy) said...

I'm so glad that you opened my eyes to this wonderful man! I love the dreamy pictures:)

Sidewalk Chic said...

These are awesome -- thanks for sharing them with us. It definitely inspires me to try a new technique with my landscape photos with the soft, dreamy focus.

Fi Fi said...

Gorgeous images, what I would give to own that parasol. Thanks for sharing,

Fifi x

http://kiss--on--the--lips.blogspot.com/

Ginta said...

So beautiful & inspiring photos! Love them!

Cool Schmool said...

the vibe is perfect in every one of these

Gaby said...

love the mood he sets in the pictures!
- Gaby
fromragstoglam.blogspot.com

The Kitten Paws Blog said...

David Hamilton is such a huge inspiration to me. love.this.post.

Joseph said...

So dreamy and classic photos of Hamilton. Love them.
-Family pictures