29 June 2011

To die by your side is such a heavenly way to die...

a

photos by Tom b.

- vintage dress
- vintage woven oxfords
- vintage Coach purse
- Fletcher for Lyell cardigan
- listening to: The Smiths - "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out"

b

Do you remember the other day when I mentioned that when we were in LA we visited the bench that was featured in 500 Days of Summer? Well, here we are! For those of you wondering it's in Angel's Knoll park in downtown LA; right next to the trolley that goes up the hill. Once you get into the park it's sort of hard to miss the bench since there's a pretty conspicuous plaque on the back of it. After we snapped a few photos there were some other folks who came along and were clearing doing the same thing we were. It's apparently quite the attraction.

After sitting in the park for a bit and enjoying the view we walked over to the Bradbury Building, one of our favorites in all of Los Angeles. It wasn't our first visit but I'm always awed every time we go. Once when we visited we were the only people there and the guard let us ride the elevator up to the top (there may have been a small bribe involved in that). It's probably best known as the Blade Runner building but once we were there we realized that it also has a 500 Days of Summer connection. It's where Tom goes for his job interview at the end of the movie.

3

22 comments:

Xoxo ☺ said...

Lovely dress Sally! xo

dahhlayne said...

That park is definitely such a hidden gem! My friends and I had so much fun snapping photos when we discovered that bench. Gasp, I wish I had visited the Bradbury building. It looks so gorgeous in there!

forte-espressivo.blogspot.com

Michelle Loreto said...

Oh, love how you've paired the dress with those brogues! Brogues are such a classic shoe that go with anything.

x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

Cel said...

That dress is beautiful! It looks so comfy. And it's so awesome you get to visit that building, hope I can do that someday.

Anonymous said...

When I read the title I immediatly knew that your post would be about the 500 days of Summer bench ;)Brilliant, thanks for sharing!

http://ascentofrosewood.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Aw! That's amazing! I want to get a picture on that bench too! I love that movie.

Anonymous said...

That dress is so cute!

Unknown said...

Wow. I love that dress (and I would die for those shoes).
Such a perfect outfit.

Love,
Deer. Lady

Caitlin Rose said...

omg I'm so glad you mentioned that building! I remember it from the movie, and thought is was the coolest building ever!

You look lovely as well : )

Melissa said...

this is my favorite activity to do in Los angeles! you should check out the blade runner house next time you're in LA - if you haven't been already! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ennis_House

BaronessVonVintage said...

LOVE this post! Awesome!

Bri said...

Great summer dress, fantastic shots!

Anonymous said...

I love how your hair, the woodwork, your oxfords have all become one in this gorgeous caramel-y brown shade. Beautiful architectural photography.

Love

Tashrin
Twitter - @ishrattrishna

Joy said...

I don't find dying particularly romantic but gorgeous photographs. I can't believe you found that bench!

Maria said...

I like very mcuh that shoes, and this are the places where i want to go, i seen it on the film 500 days of summer :)

fille aux cheveux de lin said...

cute dress, such a lovely print!

LUU H. said...

the smiths title! yey!

Selma Selimovic said...

Love the song from The Smiths!
I am big fan of your blog!

Mei-li said...

no wayyyyy aaaa you were exactly where the movie was filming aaaaaa it's so cool ! and this building where the last scene is, is so beautiful !!!!!!
aa love it

InFocus said...

This is a well crafted post. The Smith's line drew me in, the well-chosen bench kept my attention & that dress... Wow! Lovely work!

Unknown said...

when i saw the 1st photo 500 days of summer came into my head, then the second photo, am sure this time that that is the place. I love that movie and I love you. i really do. i seldom comment but that doesn't mean i care less. bec you're def one of my fave bloggers.

ps, your photos are the awesome-st.

Minna said...

I love the movie 500 days of summer, and I can only be crazy about those photos. So lovely, well done!

Lots of love
Minna

http://minna.co.uk