17 July 2011

Flea Market Finds

1

Here's a look at the things I picked up for myself a week ago on a trip to the Adamstown flea markets and antique stores. I think the one I was most excited about was this wool sailor suit. I still can't believe I found one in such a small size. The pants are a perfect fit! Of course the legs aren't the same length which I can't quite figure out but that will be an easy fix. The top fits well too although the one time I tried it on, I couldn't get it back off over my head by myself which made me feel super claustrophobic.

Next is a 40s cotton dress in a brilliant sapphire blue. It doesn't look like too much on the hanger but it has the prettiest neckline and once I tried it on I knew if would have to come home with me. I also found that pretty plaid 70s skirt. I love the fact that it's earthy autumn colors in a summer weight cotton.

My handkerchief collection was getting a bit out of control so I've limited myself to collecting ones with dogwoods only. I found two to add to my growing pile. The Edwardian slip will serve as the white maxi skirt that I've been searching for. And last but not least, a straw sunhat that I've been wearing everyday since.

Untitled-2

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love the color of that blue dress and that you found an old sailor suit. I adore anything nautical and everything about that suit is adorable!

Emily Rose said...

everything is so pretty! really dig those handkerchiefs! and i can tell that blue dress is amazing, even just on the hanger. i also get claustrophobic easy, and certainly in situations where i get stuck in vintage! thats what boyfriends are for!

sarah nicole said...

You have such a good eye!

xo,

Sarah

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Oh goodness, what finds! <3 I am absolutely obsessing over the sailor suit! Wow wow wow!

x
Lost in the Haze

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

oh, wow! great finds! love those sailor pants. can't wait to see you style them!

Miss Marie said...

That blue dress is divine - I can tell that even on the hanger, despite you saying it doesn't look like much!

Ginta said...

That sailor suit is so perfect! Amazing find!

Anonymous said...

likesLikesLikes!