12 January 2012

Sounds of the Woods

Sounds of the Woods - Nadinoo AW11 Film from WishWishWish on Vimeo.

I just adore this video featuring the work of a few of my favorite bloggers;  Nadia from Nadinoo's lovely clothes, Carrie from WishWishWish's keen eye for directing and the beautiful Rosalind from Clothes, Cameras & Coffee modeling.  The result is a mesmerizing video that makes me want to get lost in the forest with the characters from the Nadinoo collection.

Watching this reminds me that Pixie's Bird-A-Day shirt is on its way to me from over the pond.  So excited! I can't wait to pair with high waisted shorts or under sleeveless jumpers.  I'm a sucker for all things bird-print-related so this was a perfect match for me.  And I love the story about how the print came about:

Ornithology Liberty Print was designed from sketches by Edwyn Collins, who was best known for fronting Scottish rock revivalists Orange Juice. In 2005 Edwyn suffered a severe cerebral haemorrhage that he took six months to recover from. As part of his rehabilitation he drew a bird a day, like a sketchbook on fabric complete with names of birds and dates when they were drawn.  (from the Nadinoo site).


Domonique Wilson said...

Thanks for sharing this...it's utterly delightful!



Jo said...

This is too pretty! <3 I love love love Nadinoo!

Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

AnnaBananaCupcake said...

This is incredibly gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing it.

Piper said...

ugh, love this! Though I wouldn't wear heels if I was camping in the forest.

Rosaspina Vintage said...

Oh a birdie shirt is on its way to me as well :) I cannot wait to play with its shape and colors, since when I placed my order I just day dreamt of countless pretty things to pair it with. I look forward to see you wearing it!
Have a lovely weekend,