20 January 2014

Ingrid Starnes: Winter 2014

 photos via Always Sometimes Anytime

I'd heard a lot about the British television series The Bletchley Circle via blogs and was curious to see it.  I set the DVR to record it just in case it came on here and was happy to discover all three episodes waiting patiently for me after they aired on PBS.  For those of you who haven't seen it, it's a mystery series about four women who used to work as codebreakers at Bletchley Park during WWII.  The story is inspiring, as is the wardrobe that the four characters wear.  Personally, well-traveled Lucy is my favorite. I was excited to find that Ingrid Starnes' Winter 2014 collection is inspired by The Bletchley Circle.  I can see a little bit of each of the Bletchley ladies in these pieces.  There are lots of feminine details and strong jackets.  I think the printed pieces are my favorites. 

No comments: