08 November 2007

Wardrobe Remix 11-8



shirt: American Apparel
sweater vest: vintage
sweater coat: H&M
jeans: Superfine
boots: vintage
hat: vintage (belonged to my Grandfather)

I hear a lot of people say they are turned off by vintage clothes because they don't want to wear something someone else has worn. But for me, the history of the piece is one of the things I love the most about vintage clothing. If I find a pretty dress, especially one that is homemade, I can only wonder about who made it, where they wore it, why they picked that certain fabric. I have memories that are directly linked to what I was wearing on a particular day. Don't we all remember what we wore on our first day of school? Our first date? Don't you wonder when you wear a piece of vintage clothing if someone has memories attached to it?

No comments: