Here are a few of the items I've picked up over the last couple of weeks that have made their way into my closet.
- This dusty rose cashmere sweater is probably the most luxurious piece I've ever found. It's so super soft and lined in silky lace. The front clasp is a beautiful rhinestone pin and it has little matching rhinestones on the sleeve cuffs. I'm still torn over the fur collar. I would never, ever buy new fur and abhor the fur industry as a whole but it always seems a shame to let vintage pieces go to waste. The collar is actually removable so if I can't deal with the fur, I can always just remove it and still have an amazing cashmere sweater.
- Next is this fitted tweed skirt. I can't even begin to tell you how heavy this skirt is. I had a hard time even keeping it clasped into the hanger to take the photo. It's going to be perfect once the weather really gets cold.
- I'm loving capes at the moment and this one is no exception. It's a nice, delicate alternative to the heavier ones I've been finding.
- My love of hats is only growing stronger by the day. This one is black velvet with a tiny little bow on the side and fine netting that can be pinned up with my hair.
- As soon as I saw this strange little headband I was head over heels. It's black velvet with netting that hangs over my eyes and a horse hair decoration on the side.
- Amongst all of these pretty, feminine finds is a pair of perfectly beat up, broken in Doc Martens. These take me back to high school (yes, I'm that old!). I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull these off with dresses but I've already been enjoying wearing them with my skinny jeans.