- I've been on the lookout for a vintage train case for ages. I see them on EBay all the time, but haven't ever placed a bid. I really wanted a robin's egg blue one, but I found this olive green one and it'll do just fine. I'm going to use it as a sewing case (I guess that means I need to start sewing!).
- This black leather mini Gladstone bag is perhaps my favorite find in weeks! I've been coveting Effie's perfect one ever since she first showed it. I'm always searching for them on EBay but they all seem to be located in the UK (why is that?) and go for a pretty penny. This one opens up to reveal the prettiest vintage fabric lining. Love!
- I've been collecting vintage hats. The black velvet one is from the 30's and will look perfect with a feather in the band. The tweed fedora has found a permanent home with my boyfriend and, I must say, is a perfect fit.
- I'm excited to try out this vintage Polaroid Land camera. I actually have some 669 film left over from some Polaroid transfers that I did a while back. I hope it works!
- Shoes for autumn in every shade of brown a girl could want. I can't wait to pair these with tights and wool skirts.
- This bakelite rose necklace is a pretty shade of burnt orange.
- I felt like I'd run across a lost treasure when I found this collection of vintage handkerchiefs. They are all so delicate and feminine with floral prints and embroidered scalloped edges. The ones with the dogwood prints are my favorites, of course.
- A cream colored 50's blouse with a rounded collar and decorative button placket on the front. This is the exact blouse I've been searching for! It even zips up the back.
- A swingy corduroy jumper. An autumn wardrobe must-have.
- Sweater vests. My new obsession. I can't wait to figure out all the ways I'm going to wear these. I'm working on a Four Ways post with the argyle one. I'll post it soon!
- This wool jumper reminds me of one in the new Built By Wendy collection. I shortened it and added the ethnic embroidered belt. I actually found several jumpers like this and the others are sitting in my to-sew pile and will go up for sale in the store.
11 September 2008
I just realized that I haven't shared some of my favorite vintage finds of late. It seems that the vintage gods have been on my side as I've finally found several things for which I've been searching for months. I've also been stockpiling things for cooler weather. I actually wore a pair of newly thrifted green suede boots out of the house last night and they were perfect. Sorry, no photos of those yet. Later, I promise. In the mean time, here's a collection of photos I'd like to share with you of some of my favorite finds.
See More: Thrifting