14 October 2008

France Gall

France Gall, like Francoise Hardy, is yet another of the yé-yé girls of the 60's French pop movement. Here she is appearing in a 1968 issue of Madamoiselle Age Tendre modeling adorable French fashions of the time. You can see on the cover that some of the other yé-yé girls must have appeared in the issue as well: Sylvie, Francoise, Sheila! If you'd like to see more of France you should check out her adorableness here and here. (Why can you no longer post YouTube clips on Blogger?!)

gall

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

France Gall will always be my favourite ye ye girl. Well, second to Marie LaForet. Great post!

AlicePleasance said...

I didn't know about the YouTube vs Blogger thing! That's a bad bad news...

nitovuori said...

Aw, super cute! I'd love a robe-culotte!

Q's Daydream said...

She's lovely, and all the fashions she is modeling are still so appealing! :o)

You can't post utube anymore? oh no!

Rebecca Jane said...

all of those looks are so lovely! I love the berets.

{Tara} said...

She's is so sweet-looking and her music is great! Coincidentally, I also posted a pic of her this week on my blog.

Anonymous said...

oo I need to look into french pop because the style and persona in these photos is awesome!

What we four say said...

She looks so much like sienna miller in number 5, I love old magazines. I have a few old cosmos from the 50's it's funny to read the ad's and articles because so much has changed. Hmmm, I should take some pics of those and post them, thanks for the inspiration! ;)

Romeika said...

I love her hairstyle on the cover. As for the youtube thing, I'm nearly sure you can post any of their videos on blogger.

Lexie said...

oh wow! she reminds me of sienna miller in the top right spread. so cute.

flair to remember said...

wow, absolutely adore this!! love 60s style + this is so inspiring! thanks for posting it!!

xxx