23 November 2009

Holiday Lace

Untitled-3
Fletcher for Lyell top, Anthropologie floating lace blouse, Fletcher for Lyell velvet jacket, Duskin black eyelet dress, Night Spirits dress from Dear Golden Vintage, Rules of the Game top from 13bees, black lace dress from TinyCatVintage

For some reason it just hit me that the holiday season is quickly approaching. This time of year always has me looking at pretty party dresses even though I really don't have any fancy parties to attend. This year I'm especially drawn to black lacy things - dresses, blouses, tights. The more I look, the more I realize I'd like to try to incorporate some black lace into an everyday sort of outfit instead of saving all for a holiday soirée. I was hoping to walk out of the thrift store last week with a black lace blouse but everything I found was tight 90s era grunge lace and I want something looser and more flowy (is that a word?). Maybe I'll have better luck next time.

14 comments:

Christina said...

I love black lace. What a great idea.

Coco said...

Beautiful Post!

Some of those article are amazing, I feel very tempted to make a holiday purchase ;)

-Coco

ourpapermoon.blogspot.com

Maria Confer said...

Love all of these. I've had that UO velvet cardigan in my wishlist for a week now and I'm so tempted to buy it!!

lululetty.blogspot.com

Varpu said...

Ah I love lace sooo much, thanks for sharing!! I've got maybe a bit too many lacey things in my wardrobe..

Sound and Fashion

sarah said...

What beautiful selections - what I would do for that DearGolden dress! I too am feeling the attraction to lace at the moment. Somehow it seems so right for the holidays. Good luck finding the just right piece!

M. said...

black lace is wonderful and so classy, I'm look for the perfect dress right now for the holidays! this gave me some ideas! thank you


http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

Claire Nouveau said...

oh wow. all of these are GORGEOUS! really gets me in the mood for the holidays, although i don't have any fancy parties to attend either! ;)
fondly,
claire

Isabel said...

I love black lace. But I also love 90s era grunge...

stephanie renee said...

lovely post!

corrie said...

yes! half of the stuff in these photos is sitting on my wishlist.

Alice D. Millionaire said...

LOVE them all.

13bees said...

I am having a hard time parting with anything lacy and black these days. was never my thing before, but suddenly I can't get enough. great picks!

Unknown said...

yes! i see that velvet jacket everyday at work (at urban) and i want it! great picks.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you!! These are the cocktail/party dress inspiration I have been needing! I love your style. Black & lacy is definately the way to go!