24 November 2009

Winter Looks

I'm spending the afternoon taking photos for another shop update. Look for it later today! But until then, I thought we could take a look at a few of the shots that have made it into the "wear this!" folder on my computer. The weather has finally started its turn from fall into winter with gray skies and misty rain and colder temperatures. So, naturally I'm starting to think more in terms of layers and warmth. These are some of my favorite shots right now.

Untitled-1

Looking at these grouped together like this, I suddenly realized three out of four have one thing in common - cardigans! Hmmm. This makes sense. I do love a good cardigan. The sunny yellow one seems just the thing to brighten up dreary winter days. The mossy green one paired with a cranberry velvet skirt on Frances Baker seems like the perfect holiday outfit (note: must find velvet skirt). And how many ways is this outfit on Sacaton June perfect? Too many to count. The best part is, she made the dress herself (another note: must get back on the sewing machine!). Last but not least (and sort of out of order) is this men's wear inspired look from Lulu Letty. This is the odd one out in this group but perhaps the one I'm most excited about. It's giving me all sorts of ideas about my new old riding jacket. Some times I get so stuck in dress and skirt mode I forget about all the lovely men's wear looks I could be sporting.

20 comments:

Maria Confer said...

Oh, wow. Thanks so much for including in this group of gorgeously dressed ladies.

Aside from their lovely cardigans and dresses/skirts, they all have covet worthy shoes.

lululetty.blogspot.com

Clo by Clau! said...

Nice, I like the las one ;)

Saludos,
Clau!

Fabiola "Fab" said...

I like them all!!! cause a girl has got to change her looks every now & then!!

Lexie said...

great inspiration looks!

fashion_player said...

you are always my inspiration for autumn and winter looks:-)

Jessica said...

aw, thanks for including me! your picks are so lovely! i love that velvet skirt on Frances Baker and that tweed coat!!

Q's Daydream said...

i love all these girls! Clara yellow cardigan is the best :o)

reckless daughter said...

these are all so adorable! such a great group of ladies.

oh, and I highly recommend the velvet skirt!

calivintage said...

i am so in love with the dress that sacaton june made! i can't wait until she starts sewing them up for her etsy shop!

Josephine Frances said...

Wow, thanks for including me! I've been coveting Sacaton June's lovely dress for a while now, she chose the perfect fabric for that design, I love it!

Antii Sullivan said...

WOW! I love it!
please check out my shop
http://twittwoo.bigcartel.com

Anonymous said...

Anyone knows where do the shoes of the second pic come from? Are they flats or heels? Thank you all
Btw, lovely outfits!

Jenny said...

Wow! Thank you for posting these! All of these ladies look absolutely perfect for fall!

xo Jenny
Fashion for Writers

hannah, heart city said...

i love all these looks! cardigans are my bff.

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

Those are a good choice of winter looks! Very inspiring!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Tom and Maria said...

Who is the girl in the first photo? I love that dress and cardigan combination.

Lacey Starr said...

These are really inspirational and perfect for the weather right now. I just bough two cardigans last week because I love them for layering so very much.

Heidi said...

I, too, have a "wear this" folder on my computer.

AMIT said...

Wow nice looking picture.

Kings Lingerie

Anonymous said...

Tom and Maria: It's UnderbaraClara, a Swedish blogger.