15 January 2010

Topshop SS 10

e93fc518-935b-467f-a7ea-eed4675bd027

I have to admit that my first Topshop shopping experience was a bit of a let down (sailor coat excluded). I remember when I first discovered their online store long before they started shipping to the US and wasting way too much time sitting at my office desk flipping through item after item that I wanted to get my hands on but couldn’t. Perhaps they’ve changed their style a bit since then? Perhaps I have? Either way, when I walked into the store there was not much that appealed to me. It was all a little too tough for my liking.

So looking at their S/S 10 lookbook, I’m trying to get past the styling and see if I like any of the actual clothes. If I break it down, I think there are a few pieces I could see working their way into my wardrobe. Is that a pretty lacey dress peeking out from underneath that scary furry sweater? There’s a sailor style blouse that seems to have some potential. And there are a few little floral dresses that seem they would be perfect for spring.

f45cea56-c1ed-4f66-bdb2-d5c2701096a2

5e78f74b-5e75-4f61-8eb1-36e1f6328caf

a0c0e8a0-db0a-46c1-a5f8-657be1595088

17 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

love this!

Rosie said...

the little floral dress with the granny boots it cute!

Anonymous said...

I think topshop is better in England, never been to the nyc store, but everyone maintains the original is the best

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I very much like the floral dresses and all the stockings.... is that blue lipstick? I'm super behind on the current trends!! Good picks, my dear!

megannielsen said...

I really love their spring collection, but unfortunately I really hate the lookbook styling... have to force myself to ignore it as well!

Amy // The Girl In The Bowler Hat said...

I love topshop's SS lookbook! Such lovely textures, and colours and patterns. I can't wait to get my hands on this! :)

xxxx

Vintage Avocado said...

So cute!
I'm currently looking for maternity and baby vintage clothing.
Could you possibly recommend any?
Thanks and love!
Nadia
www.vintageavocado.etsy.com
www.vintageavocado.bigcartel.com

anja louise said...

I feel exactly the same way about this lookbook- some of the clothes look really great but I'm not into the styling. Can't wait to see them in normal mode on the site someday!

Anonymous said...

the NY topshop is terrible - I've been to the London one and the Prague one and both are orders of magnitude more enjoyable / interesting then NY. The London one even has a section downstairs for local designers!

HannahKatie. said...

loving that lace dress :)

MYCLOSETGARDEN said...

So many cute looks! Thanks for sharing :)

http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

kerri said...

i can assure you that the edinburgh topshop has the most beautiful spring-summer collection i have ever set eyes on in the many years iv been browsing topshop!

lace jumpers, floral dresses, embriodery vests . . .dreamy xx

Isabel said...

The styling is marvelous!

the spectator said...

I agree with your comments re Topshop, also comments re: styling in these images. There's nothing purty about, is it blue lippy? However, there is as you note, potential in a few individual pieces.

Fabiola "Fab" said...

Ok now I totally a fan of Topshop! have to check them out!!!

aphra said...

they have changed their sense of aesthetic, yes. ah... i remember when Topshop was very unheard of, a very small shop, here in England, with a lot of vintage inspired clothing and specially selected items... times they are a-changin'.

Anonymous said...

Theres a floral dress in a 50's style similar to the first dress on this post here.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33148105