I promise I will eventually feel like showing my face on the blog again but today is not the day. Still sneezing, still coughing, still feeling like a pile of blah. It's just a nasty cold but, boy has it got me down! Luckily I have cats to snuggle with and a boyfriend who cooks for me so I haven't really had to move from the couch too much. So, from the confines of the couch, I thought I'd share the things I picked up on my vintage shopping trip earlier this week.
- There have been quite a few contenders for the "perfect little black dress" over the years but all of them have ended up letting me down in one way or another. Most have moved on to better homes through the shop. I think this one might be a winner. It needs the tiniest tweak in the bust and I think I could live in it this summer.
- This skirt I picked up at Mommalicious. It looks like something I could find at Anthropologie but for a fraction of the price. For some reason it makes me think of ice cream. Maybe it's the Baskin Robbins color scheme or because it sort of looks like Dippin' Dots?!
- Tom's calling these my Almost Famous sunglasses. I can't wait to wear them with hippie chick dress and braids this summer!
- A pretty 40s floral print carpet bag with wooden closure. All I need is this with my little back dress and a pair of sandals for summer.
- This was the craziest Salvation Army find; a pair of 30s peep toe pumps! I just closed my eyes and prayed my foot would fit as I tried them on. They're just perfect! And surprisingly comfortable. Now if all of the ice would melt I could actually wear them out of the house.
- Last but not least, yet another vintage Coach bag to add to the collection. It think that might bring me up to about... 10? This one is just like the black one I've been carrying to death but in a nice buttery brown.