22 October 2007

Russian Shawls

I'd been admiring the big, flowered, fringed scarves I'd seen several of the street style blogs for some time. When I spotted this one on the ever-stylish Vasiliisa (who has a wonderful blog) on Wardrobe Remix, it cemented the fact that I must track down one of these lovely scarves. After many fruitless searches on Ebay and Google for "fringed scarf", "flower scarf", "square scarf" I figured out that what I'm actually searching for is a Russian folk shawl. You can find them online here and here. They come in a variety of colors and sizes. I'm a fan the black ones with the brightly colored flowers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are gorgeous. i have a wicker laundry basket over-flowing w/ scarves...these are so beautiful, not sure i can pass these up.

Meghann E said...

I have a couple of those - I find them at bag sales. I have a purple one that I wear all the time

None said...

I like shawls here.