28 August 2007

Out and About

My best Susie Bubble impersonation.

For the first time in several weeks, I went out vintage shopping over the weekend. Not having a car has put a damper on how often I can make it out to all of my favorite store. So Sunday I put on my walking shoes and headed out to La Brea to hit up a few stores. It seems the problem with vintage shopping here is that there seems to be two types of stores; the ones that have amazing stuff that is all priced very high, or the ones that are populated by hipster employees that grab all the good stuff before anyone else gets to it. At the first store I found a million great pieces but every time I fished out the priced tag, I had to back away slowly. At another store I only found a few pieces but the staff was impeccably dressed in head to toe vintage. My suspicions were confirmed when I complimented the girl at the register on her dress and she said she got it from their stock. Next I headed out to a parking lot sale where everything was a dollar but you had to dig, I mean literally dig, through piles and piles of clothes. At the end of the day, I came home with a couple bags of goodies, all of which will be going up in the store in the next couple of weeks. Here are a few undercover shots from the day (taking photos in the stores here is a big no-no!)


1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

The parking lot sale sounds like a dream come true . . .

We have lots of vintage stores like that in Chicago--usually I don't bother going because the prices are way more than things go for on Ebay.