25 February 2008

Four Ways - Ethnic Print Dress




With spring fast approaching one of my wardrobe "must haves" was a little cotton ethnic print dress. Since I can't wait until the weather warms up to wear it, I've found ways to layer until I can wear it on its own.
  • First I've layered the dress over a white tee and grey skinny jeans. Pair with some vintage boots and a big crocheted scarf and you're ready for those chilly pre-spring days.
  • For another cool weather option you can layer over a pair of tights and boots with a shrunken sweater.
  • When the weather starts to warm pair the dress with a vintage vest, over-the-knee socks and a pair of flat oxfords.
  • Finally, for those nice spring days, tuck the dress into a pair of baggy old cut-offs and pair with pretty wedge sandals.

14 comments:

spiegeleule said...

all of them are great. so you can wear it in every season. looks great. i especially love these grey socks ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love the scarf on the first picture. You created such amazing looks!

Anonymous said...

me again :) this dress is great, i have one of my one wich looks almost the same.
& yes socks are magnificent, so ql, so special <3
it seems you always know what to wear. thumbs up.

la petite fashionista said...

LOVE the ethnic print dress. and your transitions from fall to summer. is yours thrifted? i feel like i could probably get a thrift store at home:)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love love those gray socks. where'd you get them?

Sally Jane Vintage said...

Thanks so much everyone!

La Petite: Yes, the dress is thrifted. It was longer and has been cut off and hemmed.

Geek-Betty: I picked these socks up at the store where I used to work in LA but I've seen similar pairs at H&M and Urban Outfitters.

Miss T said...

You’re like an infinite sell of style, great looks what can I say, number 1 and 3, are so cool. I actually have a dress like that, might try them out.

Tea Lady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tea Lady said...

wow. all four looks are great.

Fashion Tidbits said...

love it, love it!

Anonymous said...

ooooh, i love the dress tucked into the shorts, really cute!

Kim said...

I really love all of them!

Fashion Trend Guide said...

Wow, the dress is fabulous in all 4 photos. If I had to choose, my favorite looks are the top 2. Very inspiring!

Anonymous said...

your site rocks my world - love all these outfits! I was out of town so now I have a lot to catch up! ;-)