24 March 2008

A Decidedly Unfashionable Post

I know it has nothing to do with fashion but here's a peak at what's been keeping me from the bloggin' for the past few days. My boyfriend and I have been on a couple of photo excursions to local sites. We both love exploring abandoned buildings so it was quite fun although a bit dirty and more than a little cold. At times we were more than welcome to wander around and take photos. Other times we were doing a bit of trespassing. The grounds keeper at the amusement park was even nice enough to unlock the old carousel building and give us a couple of souvenir ride tickets left over from the 70's.

Stehli Silk Mill





Urban Place




Rocky Springs Amusement Park

13 comments:

qooza said...

Hello there
Long time reader, first time commenter here...

What great photos! You should post "unfashionable" entries more often!

Tali said...

that is so frign rad. Those sites are absolutely rusticly spectacular. beautiful work!!!!

Katia said...

wow
that's so cool!
I love the last picture so much, ahh!

Zoƫ said...

awesome! I love visiting abandoned places...theres such an adrenalin rush because its so creepy

I love your blog! You have such great style! I linked you on mine

AsianCajuns said...

Gorgeous photography!

Ms. Spinach said...

these are incredibly stunning. thank you!

Anonymous said...

i love abandoned buldings too! they are full of mistery...

Your photos are so beautiful!

geri hirsch said...

these photographs are wonderful. the abandoned space evokes so much emotions.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE old places like that. unfortunately around here they tend to become breeding/drinking grounds for teens and don't so much decay as they are destroyed. great photos - I look forward to seeing more.

Eyeliah said...

I am excited to see these photos, very eerily beautiful. I hope you'll share more - or publish a book or something.

AlicePleasance said...

Great photos! You should make some "what I'm wearing" shots in places like these, I love those kind of editorials on fashion magazines. The old carousel building...lucky you!

D said...

These are stunning!
I've been visiting your blog for a while and have enjoyed the fashion focus, but these are something else! I'd love to see more of your photography on the blog.

deryik said...

cmon is this "not" fashionable?? u have some great color combos here. well done :)