10 February 2009

Spring Inspiration from APC

While I've readily admitted that I'm still basking in the freezing weather and enjoying the bits of snow left of the ground, thoughts of spring have begun to invade my mind. Yesterday included a huge closet clean-out where I realized I'd been hoarding sweaters and shoes and put about half of each into a pile to sell. Cleaning out the closet is always my first harbinger of spring fever.

The APC collections always seem to knock me into high gear for the next season and this one is no exception. I love their vision of early spring with lightweight long sleeve dresses and bare legs, strappy sandals worn with socks and of course, the perfect trench coat. Since my pockets don't run APC-deep, I'll have to mine my own closet and keep my eyes open at vintage stores to see what I can come up with. That last outfit: loose floral dress, super soft cardigan, white sneakers (how Swedish!) and of course, a beret. It's perfection!

Untitled-7

16 comments:

AlicePleasance said...

APC...you know I love it too!!!
I'm looking for the perfect trench as well...

Anonymous said...

loving the socks and sandals

Manja said...

I'm loving all those outfits! The last one ist just pure perfection! I can't wait for spring but mainly because the weather here is all cold, cloudy and rainy...
~*Manja

BelleChic said...

I love your blog and style!!!!!

I invite you to visit my blogs:
About fashion: http://blonddiamondfashion.blogspot.com/
And about handmade accesories: http://bellechicatelier.blogspot.com/

Lexie said...

i adore this collection!

Anonymous said...

there are so many pieces i want from this Spring collection. alas yes apc-deep pockets don't exist for me as well.

Ace said...

Oh I love them. The second to last is my favourite, I have such a weakness for stripes.

Marta said...

Pretty! I love the first 2 especially. Not sure I could pull off the sandal/sock look, but it looks great on her.

Anonymous said...

Hi.

You have painfully gorgeous vintage items. It must be tough letting some go, it'd be too hard for me!

Great job, keep it up! Love looking through.

Nabila,

Eyeliah said...

I love the nude ballet flats!

Every Little Counts said...

oh, how i love it all!

Jenni said...

I love APC! I have been ready for spring since about November, and this just makes me more impatient!

Anonymous said...

the first dress and last outfit are just too adorable! I usually like what I see from APC always a big inspiration!

Eda said...

Lovely outfits!

Kelley said...

I wish I could get my curly hair to look like that model's hair.

Craig Gilroy said...

i also would love some APC deep pockets

always great stuff from APC,
always great stuff on your site