09 June 2009

Sally Jane Vintage in Italian Glamour


click to see bigger versions

This is one of the coolest things that has happened to me in a long time! Italian Glamour included my shop among their guide to online vintage shopping. I was so excited when they contacted me about the piece and it's always a bit surreal to see my photos in print. I hadn't been able to get my hands on a copy so the always super sweet Anna from The Cupcake Diary sent me the most wonderful bundle of goodies including the magazine. She was also thoughtful enough to include a translation for those of us who are not Italian savvy.

"Jennifer Martin is a US vintage hunter who mixes 60s looks with a Dietrich style. 'I only wear vintage dresses a lot older than me' she says. 'One day I found a 40s dress but it was not my size. I had an idea and thought to sell it. I did and then I sold a lot of other out-of-size purchases. The e-store which is now my job came with the blog. I buy, wear and sell at the speed of light.' "

The text made me giggle a little bit as it's not exactly a direct quote from what I sent in but I guess that's what you get when you translate something from English to Italian and then back to English.

33 comments:

daily coyote said...

huge congrats!!!

Karen said...

Wow, that's amazing! Fashionable Italy..

Isabel said...

Congratulations, this is awesome!

The "I buy, wear and sell at the speed of light" quote made me giggle.

Kelley Anne said...

Wow, that's so exciting for you! Congratulations! I thought the text sounded a bit strange:)

Imelda said...

That's soooo great!! You deserve it!!!

felice said...

oh, how cool is that!! maybe i might be able to go to italy during the weekend. i want to get my hands on a copy of this glamour issue. i really like this magazine (the italian version) btw.

anja louise said...

So stoked for you! I love that you'll now be known as the fastest vintage seller in the universe!

Rebecca said...

That's awesome! I especially like the speed of light part.. hahah.

Lisa said...

That is so cool! Congratulations

Poke Salad Annie said...

big congratulations! how inspiring!

thevamoose said...

yey, congratulations!

Danielle said...

Congrats! That is so cool :)

Siru said...

Huuuuuge Congrats!

juliet xxx

elventryst said...

What an honor! Congratulations to you and your successful store!

Unknown said...

How fabulous!!! I bet it will do wonders for your shop. Congratulations!

Darla: Retro Ways said...

That is amazing, your a lucky gal and I am so happy for you!!!!! ♥

Meghan said...

aaaahhhh! yay! congratulations!

MYCLOSETGARDEN said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Your posts are always so beautiful, I'm not surprised that they feature you!

If you get a chance, check out my new blog. Its vintage inspired fashion with a twist of humor.

http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com/

christina said...

Congrats! It must be so thrilling to be published in such a large magazine.

Eyeliah said...

Wow wow!!! Congratulations, this is pretty huge!

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

you are a celebrity! ;)

seriously though, this is awesome!

alix said...

holy moley that is amazing!! congratulations

Mars said...

Wow, that's so awesome. Three cheers for entrepreneurship :)!

Woods said...

awe you beautiful and lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! I wish I could do anything at the speed of light. It sounds so impressive.

L'armadio del delitto said...

I read that in the Italian Glamour!
Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Hunny that is great!!!

Good things happen to good peeps !!

Happiness!!!!

kadler said...

Ooh, congrats!

Hannah said...

Wow, Glamour, that is pretty cool! Congratulations!

cOffee dèlice said...

Hi, I'm a new addicted of blogspot, my name's Carlotta and I'm italian. I had discovered your fantastic blog so long ago but when this month I've seen the AD on Glamour italy I've felt so much happy!
It's surely great that the fashion bloggers are becoming more and more known day by day, congratulations and...go on =)
kisses from Italy!
Carlotta

Circe said...

I read about you. :)

Circe said...

P.S. you're fantastic :D

nylonoir said...

I came here after I had read the article on italian Glamour ;)