28 December 2009

Back in Alabama

a

photos by Tom b.

- Fletcher for Lyell silk blouse
- H&M tweed shorts
- AA tights
- H&M coat
- vintage wool beret
- UO boots

Hiya! I feel like I've been gone for ages but it's only been a few days. It was a welcomed break but I'm so glad to be back. On Christmas Eve morning Tom and I packed up the car super early and headed south. Nothing says Happy Holidays like a fourteen hour car ride, right? But really, as soon as that blanket of snow gave way to a blanket of kudzu vines (you southerners know what I'm talkin' about) I finally started to feel the Christmas spirit. And it was so nice to leave the single digit temperatures behind for just a few days. By the time we reached South Carolina it was in the 50s and Tom and I had the windows in the car rolled down!

We spent a wonderful weekend at my parent's cabin holed up with lots of family and amazing food. My parents have a new kitten that kept us entertained all weekend long. The poor little thing is probably completely worn out from all the lovin'. Tom and I did a little exploring of a couple abandoned places - one an old cabin, the other an old train station. The little cabin is what you see here. The last time we visited we salvaged a bunch of 50s-60s soda bottles in a crate that are now sitting in the corner of our dining room. This time I salvaged an old metal basket (maybe an egg crate?) that I'm going to use for storing scarves in.

b

25 comments:

Violet Folklore said...

Wowww, so beautiful! I remember how lovely the photos you took last time you were home were. Oh to think of the folks who lived their lives in that little space. (I would love to see the rest of that jacket you're wearing!).

Karen Beth said...

I adore cabins like that... what a wonderful place to have to go and stay. Makes beautiful photos too. :)

I have to know what boots you are wearing...? They are amazing!

msred5@yahoo.com

Katherine said...

I just got that blouse in turquoise! The cream looks wonderful though, you take such lovely photos!!

corrie said...

aw i love that blouse. when i tried it on it looked a little off, but on you... perfect!

Coco said...

Wow these photo are amazing and beautiful in everyway!

-Coco from Our Paper Moon

Fabiola "Fab" said...

I would go to a place like yours!!! Amazing place for photos and I'm sure pretty relaxing as well!!! And youe outfit is perfect!!!

Q's Daydream said...

aww, so so pretty! happy to hear you had a nice christmas :o)

Anonymous said...

I always love your photos from AL!

Sidewalk Chic said...

These photos are beautiful and I love your hat! Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday :) - JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

Amanda said...

I adore old cabins! My great-grandfather lived in one in the early 1900s, but now it's in the middle of a state park in Virginia so we can't get to it anymore. I wonder the treasures I would find inside though...
-Amanda

anon said...

i wish there were places like that here! all i can do is live vicariously through your photos.

Annie, Time Enough for Drums said...

Your photos are amazing. A.

Diane @ Haute Flashion said...

Deck the halls with boughs of kudzu...

I didn't know that you were a Southern girl! I love these pictures. I see little cabins like this occasionally, but never had the courage to go inside. I will have to check one out. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

that abandoned cabin looks like a set for a photo shoot. rustic and lovely in its own right.

very pretty outfit. love your hat.

Christina said...

Your weekend sounds perfect! I need a vacation like that right now. I'm currently swamped in schoolwork... :(

You selected the best Fletcher pieces! I couldn't find much I liked, which was probably better for my wallet anyway.

Elizabeth, Delightfully Tacky said...

I'm loving those shorts! Such a pretty location too.

Meetmewd said...

LOevely photos! where is it??
How can you upload photos of that size? mine are always kinda small?
xoxo

Ashley said...

Amazing photos! What a lovely little house and your shorts are cute!

silk scarves said...

The chair is unique. Love it.

Kennedy said...

oh that lyell blouse on you is insanely awesome, plus your shoes...i would just die. they are perfect and exactly what ive been looking for!

Love_Again said...

wow wow wow! these photos are lovely. the cabin is amazing, as is you outfit!
x

Mens casual jacket said...

Love your look here!!

Floddertje said...

These shoots are so great, as usual...would you mind if I post them on my blog?

www.floddertjeblog.blogspot.com

Ana said...

Both your photos and you outfits are amazing! I am in love with your blog!

My blog is new and I've just started compiling outfits, I can only hope my blog is half as beautiful as yours one day!

http://toilntroubleknits.blogspot.com

Sally Jane Vintage said...

Floddertje: Thanks! I don't mind if you repost the photos. Just please link back to them. Thanks!