09 January 2012

Date Night

005

 - Dear Creatures dress
 - old Gap sweater
 - ASOS duffle coat
 - vintage scarf & wool beret
 - H&M tights & socks

On Friday night Tom and I went on an honest to goodness date.  Dinner, entertainment, drinks!  It was a lot of fun since we don't get to do that much anymore.  All I was told in advance was to dress warm and be ready to leave the house at 6:00.  Fun, right?  We started the evening off at dinner at our favorite pho soup place, Rice & Noodles.  That place is always perfect for dinner on a cold night.

After dinner we headed to Clipper Stadium where they've turned the outfield into a skating rink.  It's been such a mild winter I think this was one of the first nights they were able to use the ice.  I've only been ice skating a handful of times in my life but I grew up with a pair of roller skates strapped to my feet so I managed to make it through the night without falling.  I honestly don't know how anyone is able to jump and spin and land on the ice! 

Once our legs felt like they were going to fall off we stopped in at The Fridge for fancy beers.  The place has hundreds of domestic craft beets to choose from and I probably stood in front of the cooler for way too long trying to pick just one.  Of course I ended up with some sort of Belgium style blonde which is always my favorite. Yum! 

b

10 comments:

Amelia said...

perfect outfit for the occasion :) & i love your new header. very pretty

Unknown said...

What a fun date! Glad you had fun.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

Q's Daydream said...

fun!!

Anonymous said...

I just hate ice skating! haha, because most of the time I spend falling :) But I really like the grey tights with your outfit.

http://ascentofrosewood.blogspot.com/

sew nancy said...

I love your dress.
I went ice skating over the weekend as well- first time since i was a little girl.

Charlotte said...

nice coat!

Alexandra said...

I love skating with my guy & Belgian Blondes! Perhaps we can get out for a night like that. Cute coat too! :)

Cel said...

I love pho, it is definitely perfect for a cold night. Sounds like a fun date :)

Femke said...

I love ice skating, sound like the best date to me!

xoxo, Femke On the Button

Marie said...

you look chic skating! I always say that I don't ice skate, I ice trip, ice fall, but no skating involved.