28 May 2009

Mad Men Illustrations

To say that I'm a fan of the AMC show Mad Men is a bit of an understatement. If all television shows were this good I might never leave the couch (I guess it's a good think that they aren't). But you don't have to be a fan of the show to appreciate the Mad Men illustration series by Dyna Moe. Done up in the early 60s advertising style in which the show is set, they each perfectly capture a moment from the show; Betty's post party meltdown, Joan va-va-vooming her way through the office, Don screwing his life up once again with a bottle and a woman. I love the dichotomy of those dark moments illustrated with such playful style and cheery colors. My only complaint (if I had one at all) is there are only a few of Peggy's big moments. Yes, there's Peggy getting the gay makeover and Peggy taking over poor Freddy's office but I'd love to see more! How about Peggy telling Pete she had his baby?! Or Peggy enjoying the weight loss contraption a bit too much? Can you tell Peggy's my favorite character? I just love her. And while you're checking out the illustrations, don't miss the Joan paper dolls. If we could all be so well dressed!
madmen

16 comments:

Lexie said...

i have yet to see this show, but once school is over i definitely plan on having a marathon!

Anonymous said...

mad men is addictive and amazing, I love these illustrations!

punky said...

best show ever!

Darla: Retro Ways said...

Mad Men is by far my favorite show, its the only tv show I follow religiously! I could sit and watch a whole season in one day without a care.

These are amazing!
♥Darla

Endless Vintage said...

oh gosh. I'm obsessed with this show as well.

These are awesome!

Stephanie said...

Wonderful illustrations. Started watching the show a few months ago and now I'm hooked.

i_b_erin said...

These illustations are awesome,
I dont watch tv thou, might have to see if they are online ...etc...


:) Peace and enjoy!
http://erandomthoughts.blogspot.com/

anja louise said...

I love Mad Men! I can't wait for the new season to start. I might have to re-watch the past seasons to remind myself of everything that happened. I miss it!

Maria Llanos said...

reminds me of my grandma's paper dolls! how cute!

www.theletterch.blospot.com

D. Moe said...

Thanks for posting a link to my illustrations... it's always great to see people are still discovering them and enjoying them.

In my defense there are *5* Peggy-centric illustrations... more than almost any other character.

Anonymous said...

art !

Caterina PĂ©rez said...

Wonderful! I'm fan of Mad Men, too!

Anonymous said...

i adore mad men! especially christina hendricks and the style she has on the show! amazing

i love blogging about her

http://missneira.tumblr.com/post/106412631/dress-like-her-christina-hendricks-for-mad-men

xoxo
neira

Meghan said...

These are so neat! I have yet to see the show but I will certainly DVR it from now on! :0)

Market Publique said...

love these! did you see the one with all the cocktails on it? that's my favorite

allison said...

If you like those, you should check out these iPhone illustrations of all of the characters. The little descriptions below them make them even better!

Glad someone else realizes her probably unhealthy obsession with Mad Men.

http://dotluv.blogspot.com